Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the bios modification mandatory or can macos installed without the bios mod
Without the Bios mod you won't be able to replace the Wireless/Bluetooth Card to a supported one.
However you can install it even without the Bios mod and use internet connection via wired connection or usb wifi

Im not having time to update yet, most of the files are ready but i need a few more tweaks.
I won't be giving ETAs anymore as im failing to keep my promises, i kept saying this weekend over 10x so far and usually failed to do so.

About macOS Mojave i haven't tried on my T440s but just on my V330 & B570e, i don't know yet how it should work. (Although i expect no issues aside from 2-3 kextpatches find/replace patches that needs to be added).

hi,

i don't know if this is the right Guid for my question but because it related with T440.

I install lately macOS Mojave beta, during the installation I got lot of panic reboots but somehow it install in the end.
Most of the thinks are working normally (as I can judge), but have some issues but also benefits.
I know its a beta ;-).

1. always get a panic reboot at the start and have to reboot serval times, till it boot to os.
2. no audio with your Audio kext, right now I use AppleALC but Siri is not picking up what I say.
3.Get sometime Graphics glitches.

But on the other side RehabMan ACPIBatteryManger kext is working fine withe APFS and battery status.
(in High Sierra I have to use 3rd part app because the battery status did not show or stuck on % )
And now handoff or copy and past from iOS to Mac are working better and reliable.

and any update or news from your t440 GitHub repo or

thx in advance

Attachments

• debug_25263.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 123
hi,

i don't know if this is the right Guid for my question but because it related with T440.

I install lately macOS Mojave beta, during the installation I got lot of panic reboots but somehow it install in the end.
Most of the thinks are working normally (as I can judge), but have some issues but also benefits.
I know its a beta ;-).

1. always get a panic reboot at the start and have to reboot serval times, till it boot to os.
2. no audio with your Audio kext, right now I use AppleALC but Siri is not picking up what I say.
3.Get sometime Graphics glitches.

But on the other side RehabMan ACPIBatteryManger kext is working fine withe APFS and battery status.
(in High Sierra I have to use 3rd part app because the battery status did not show or stuck on % )
And now handoff or copy and past from iOS to Mac are working better and reliable.

and any update or news from your t440 GitHub repo or

thx in advance

Your kexts are not installed correctly, or have mismatched dependencies.
Look at the errors in kextcache output (must fix to have stable kernel cache).
Examples:
Code:
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller.
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8d50f83310 [0x7fffa26a28e0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8d50f8ae90 [0x7fffa26a28e0]> { URL = "WhateverGreen.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
WhateverGreen.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
etc.

Your kexts are not installed correctly, or have mismatched dependencies.
Look at the errors in kextcache output (must fix to have stable kernel cache).
Examples:
Code:
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext - no compatible dependency found for org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller.
VoodooPS2Mouse.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8d50f83310 [0x7fffa26a28e0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
USBInjectAll.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
Kext rejected due to improper filesystem permissions: <OSKext 0x7f8d50f8ae90 [0x7fffa26a28e0]> { URL = "WhateverGreen.kext/ -- file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.WhateverGreen" }
WhateverGreen.kext does not authenticate; omitting.
etc.
i tried ti rebuild cache with terminal and also an app but still get the same errors and output.

i tried ti rebuild cache with terminal and also an app but still get the same errors and output.
you will need to delete those kexts and install them properly, then reboot without caches and then rebuild caches

My laptop Specs (Lenovo Thinkpad T440)
Intel HM86 Series Chipset.
Intel Core i5 2,49 GHz
Intel HD4400 Integrated Graphics.
4GB Ram (DDR3) clocked at 1600MHz
Realtek ALC3232 Audio Codec here i used the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 Clover-V12

Upgrades
Ralink RT2870 USB Dongle USE TP LINK WIFI Pack if u have same Wifi Chip

Lenovo ThinkPad T440 Guide

What doesn't work / Partially works

As far as reported from T440 users, everything else is working fine except of these issues that i listed down below:

D-SUB/VGA Port
INTEL HD4400 VGA Works, Mini display adaptor works 3 Screen at one time works

TrackPoint / Keyboard

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

PCI Card Reader

Not Working

Precautions
These laptops have the so called WHITELIST which restricts using another Wireless/Bluetooth Card, in order to install supported Wireless / Bluetooth Card you are required to do a BIOS Mod in order to bypass that.

MY INSTALL PROCES STARTS HERE !!!!

1.BIOS

• Disable Security Chip
  • Disable Anti Theft Module
  • Disable TPM

All of these settings if left enabled will cause problems with the macOS and especially with sleep, in order to have a fully functional setup you are required to disable those settings in BIOS.

2.Creating USB Installer
Everything is covered at Rehabman guide on how to create a USB Installer, go read his guide first then come back here to continue with the creation of USB Installer. Link to his guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

• Download latest MacOS High Sierra from AppStore
  • Download Latest Clover Bootloader
  • Create Installer USB

Clover Bootloader installer options to choose:
  • Install for UEFI Booting Only
  • Install Clover in ESP
  • Drivers64UEFI > OsxAptioFixDrv-64

Into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other add these kexts since they will be mandatory for macOS Installation:

Post Installation
After you reached desktop, now it's time to install Clover Bootloader into HDD/SSD, Install with Clover with same settings as above, now its time add files into their correct locations and proceed with finalizing the laptop.

Another way to instal Clover Boot-loader into the EFI Partition:
1. Open Terminal
2. Type:
Code:
diskutil list
diskutil mount disk0s1

now mount both your EFI partition from the MAC HD and USB if both is mounted
3. Cope the EFI & Extra Folder from the USB into the MAC HD EFI Partition
4. Done

Install kexts into HDD/SSD

(use your favorite kext installer,i personally use Terminal like described below)
Install into
Code:
"Library/Extensions"
as Apple recommends it.

Code:
Copy all the kext into a folder on desktop name like "kext"
Open Terminal
Code:
cd desktop/kext
sudo cp -R *.kext /Library/Extensions/
With this command all the kexts will be installed into
Code:
Library/Extensions.

List of the kexts:
  • FakeSMC.kext + ACPIsensors.kext + LPCsensors.kext + CPUsensors.kext.
  • VoodooPS2Contoller.kext (Tluck fork kext attached since it does support TrackPoint).
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext + FakePCIID_HDMI_Audio.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WIFI.kext
  • (Broadcom_Wifi.kext only if you have replaced Intel Wireless / Bluetooth card with the supported DW1560 BCM94352Z)
  • IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext + Shiki.kext + Lilu.kext
  • USBInjectAll.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (for Bluetooth if you have compatible card installed)
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext (Built from Rehabman - Attached at the end of the guide)
  • CodecCommander.kext
  • ALC3232.kext (attached at the end of the guide)
  • Sinetek-rtsx.kext (Card Reader kext - attached at the end of the guide)
  • AirPortBrcmFixUp.kext (if you live outside of US and have trouble with 5GHz Connections & slow speeds).
Code:
All the other kexts listed that are not attached can be found at @RehabMan Github:
https://github.com/RehabMan?tab=repositories
Rebuild Caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
All the other kexts listed that are not attached can be found at @RehabMan Github:
https://github.com/RehabMan?tab=repositories

Hotpatching ACPI
This did not work for me i skipped this section

P1LGRIM -An idiot's guide to iMessage:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-imessage.196827/
This part wil be fixes automatically in update 10.12.16

JayMonkey - How to Fix iMessage:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/
This part wil be fixes automatically in update 10.12.16

Audio Installation
  • instal the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 Clover-V12 choose Mac Sierra and instal in System-Library-Extensions.
  • Audio installation done !
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for an awesome guide i have a solid running Lenovo Thinkpad T440 currently running MAC OS Sierra 10.12.16 Everything works except for the DSDT i did not mention to get this working i also had allot of problems whit the ALC3232 it did not work for me and the added DSDT.aml did not work for me either but i created my own whit MACIASL i extracted a DSDT and run this in the EFI partition under Clover and it works.
to get the audio working i have done the fallowing:

1.instal the VoodooHDA 2.9.0 Clover-V12 choose Mac Sierra and instal in System-Library-Extensions.
2. Instal update MAC OS Sierra 10.12.16 from APP Store
3. Reboot and choose USB installer for Mac Sierra use the clover boot loader on this USB installer
4. Choose MAC HD
5. go trough the installer login into the MAC OS Sierra 10.12.16 at this point u can setup all the apps that needed patching before Such as Imessage Icloud...
6. MOUNT your EFI partition open Terminal use command:
Code:
diskutil list
diskutil mount disk0s1 or check your EFI Disk info
7. Check if your EFI Clover Folder is still good.
8. Reboot your mac is now running smooth

Credits

Sniki

@RehabMan Everything, making it possible for us to use macOS on laptops like on real MacBooks.
@yankostav testing & feedback
@usman2006 testing & feedback[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• VoodooHDA 2.9.0 Clover-V12.zip
    10.1 MB · Views: 113
  • TP-LINK.WIFI.Network.macOS.zip
    28.8 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Hello, first thanks for your Guide and having me hackintosh, and second forgive me for bad English.
The problem is sleep not always work, maybe in 10 reboots twice is good.
At Startup or after reboots, system goes down before progress bar starts but in verbose mode good start every time at my practice with this machine.
The color of screen not well, maybe i can dump EDID with linux and inject with config.plist ?
WiFi and BT on the way... right now using fixed one.
Bios default still surfing for different patches, maybe there is ways update without CH341a Flash Programmer, SOIC8 Test Clip
@Sniki Please can you look at auto_debug maybe there is something I missed. Thank you and your support.

Attachments

• debug_24128.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 99
Without the Bios mod you won't be able to replace the Wireless/Bluetooth Card to a supported one.
However you can install it even without the Bios mod and use internet connection via wired connection or usb wifi

hi Sniki,

I saw that you did a update for T440P and T440s update.
Are your planing to do a update for T440 for Mojave.

thx.

hi Sniki,

I saw that you did a update for T440P and T440s update.
Are your planing to do a update for T440 for Mojave.

thx.
Very Soon, can't guarantee for tonight but tomorrow it should be up for T440 as well.

Just doing the final ACPI code optimizations.

Very Soon, can't guarantee for tonight but tomorrow it should be up for T440 as well.

Just doing the final ACPI code optimizations.
I’m good with latest guide T440s on top T440 works like charm, injected EDID for 1366x768 color as should be can share later. But anyway 1 issue USB ports I think not enough power. When I connect external HDD can’t mount or iPhone reconnects all time from right side port on left charges but when switching hotspot from iPhone, same situation on and of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back