Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's kind of late but I am really thankful :)
VGA works with Sierra btw
Thank you for confirming this.
Can you upload “Problem Reporting” files so i can see how it works and maybe fix it for others too.
Make sure to collect files while having monitor on vga port connected.
FYI your upgrade link for 1080p screen does not work and the link for the trackpad says it is no longer available.
I will upload new links later today

the problem ist that both iasl commands and such don't work for me. I bet I'm doing something wrong again
Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-10 um 15.16.01.png

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-10 um 15.16.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-10 um 15.16.01.png
    799.9 KB · Views: 249
the problem ist that both iasl commands and such don't work for me. I bet I'm doing something wrong again
View attachment 324416

You need to copy the patchmatic executable to /usr/bin (with correct permissions), if you expect to run it that way...

hi sniki,

is there any way to ad device info in ssdt about the sd card reader so that system show is as sd card reader and also sd card not as external storage.
my card reader is working with sinetek kext. but if laptop sleeps, the kext stops working as the guid says.
and any updates for the audio kext ?

thx

Hi,

I Discovered a problem.
When I plug my iOS device to my T440, it "unplug" and "plug" infinitely.
I try on both USB ports and with other usb cable and always same result.
then I pluged a android, a normal usb stick and it worked fine

thx

Attachments

• debug_2096.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 115
Thank you so much for your great work! My first Laptop-build is up and running :). There are still some minor issues. I believe I did something wrong.
1. The Volume of internal speakers is low (much lower than under windows), with headphones it is just fine. Probably because I had to use AppleALC.kext to make it work?
2. Wake up after sleep works as long as I don't wait too long. Some deep sleep mode?
3. External monitor output is a colorful noise after sleep or changing the input source of my monitor back and forth. Changing the resolution or unplugging of the mini-dp-cable helps.
4. Xbench results are very low for Quartz and User Interface. Is QE/CI working properly?

Please take a look in my configuration.

Attachments

• t440.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 149
Thank you so much for your great work! My first Laptop-build is up and running :). There are still some minor issues. I believe I did something wrong.
1. The Volume of internal speakers is low (much lower than under windows), with headphones it is just fine. Probably because I had to use AppleALC.kext to make it work?
2. Wake up after sleep works as long as I don't wait too long. Some deep sleep mode?
3. External monitor output is a colorful noise after sleep or changing the input source of my monitor back and forth. Changing the resolution or unplugging of the mini-dp-cable helps.
4. Xbench results are very low for Quartz and User Interface. Is QE/CI working properly?

Please take a look in my configuration.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

:oops: I apologize for the inconvenience. :banghead: It must be enjoying to have to tell it everyone...

Attachments

• debug_3589.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back