Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there,
I'm trying to follow this guide but Clover does not list any drives... I downloaded Rehabman's version of clover and I use your config.plist but it doesn't work for me. It doesn't even show my Usb flash drive or any other partition
read Problem Reporting in post 1

Hi,

I got a problem with my Internal mic but its only limited to Siri.
i tested with voice recorder and it works fine but when I use Siri, the Siri sound input indicator behave like it get a lot off noice through the internal mic. so even if I do not say anything, the Siri sound input indicator is moving.
and when I say something, it don't get it because of "internal noice".
With external mic it works fine and as I said before, the internal mic work fine (no extra noise) if record audio.

thx

Attachments

• debug_20576.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 162
Hi,

I got a problem with my Internal mic but its only limited to Siri.
i tested with voice recorder and it works fine but when I use Siri, the Siri sound input indicator behave like it get a lot off noice through the internal mic. so even if I do not say anything, the Siri sound input indicator is moving.
and when I say something, it don't get it because of "internal noice".
With external mic it works fine and as I said before, the internal mic work fine (no extra noise) if record audio.

thx
No need to attach files and its not problem with your laptop, its the audio kext, im working on Audio to fix all remaining issues.

Theres an issue where we lose sound after a long period of laptop staying on without sound output like music or system sound and then theres no more audio output (im talking for headphones)
Im working on Signal Processing elements and testing which one does work & sound the best, i already managed to get a bit more audio output (higher volume) on speakers. Fixed internal mic and line in audio input, like you said siri was having trouble reading what im saying.
I will experiment & test all remaining signal processing elements from layouts of AppleHDA tomorrow and finalize the kext and upload into my thinkpad guides.

@usman2006 give this one a try, it should have your microphone input fixed and also test volume and sound Quality on Speakers if you notice a difference.

At least it does solve your problems until i make the perfect finalized version.

Attachments

• ALC3232.kext.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 170
@usman2006 give this one a try, it should have your microphone input fixed and also test volume and sound Quality on Speakers if you notice a difference.

At least it does solve your problems until i make the perfect finalized version.

hi,

yes it fix the Siri problem :D.
it understand me like on a real Mac. but the indicator is still moving, even when do not speak.

About Sound Volume and quality, I don't have device to test the higher volume but it feels a little louder.
And about quality i do not hear if is better or worse, because the speakers in Thinkpad are too bad ^^.

looking forward for the final version.

thx

hey sniki,

are itunes purchased videos working fine for you?
i first got only audi with black screen.
after i put shiki kext in my efi, the itunes says now, that my display ist not abble to show HDCP content.

hey sniki,

are itunes purchased videos working fine for you?
i first got only audi with black screen.
after i put shiki kext in my efi, the itunes says now, that my display ist not abble to show HDCP content.
All the kexts should be installed into /Library/Extensions
Shiki.kext, Lilu.kext, IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext

Also then rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

But make sure you are using the latest version of these kexts.

FYI your upgrade link for 1080p screen does not work and the link for the trackpad says it is no longer available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back