Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have Installed Mac OS Mojave on my Thinkpad T440 sound is not working.

when i used your SSDT.aml which is initially attached for High Sierra in your guide sound is working.

why the sound is not working when i am using SSDT.aml which is downloaded from your GitHub repo. Is there a way I can fix it?

please find the attached debug it is with docking station attached I also have issue when notebook on docking station and I shutdown system it restarts.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi friend

I want to ask you a question
I also have a thinkpad t440 and want to install the Mac os
Have you ever had any problems with the
Wifi card
Internet access
the sound

thnx

Hey there,

I am attempting Mojave on this laptop but, I'm experiencing multiple kernel panics after installation.
I'm using the config and DSDT on the post but I don't know how to fix it

if anyone else has got it working please can you let me know how?
thanks

Hello Guys! Can you help me with something? I want to install MacOS on my laptop but and don't know how to start the installation process. My laptop is Thinkpad T440 i7 4600u, 12gb of RAM, 500gb Samsung EVO sata3 ssd, broadcom wireless card. Can i install Mojave on this? I don't have any idea at all... Thanks anticipated!

Hello Guys! Can you help me with something? I want to install MacOS on my laptop but and don't know how to start the installation process. My laptop is Thinkpad T440 i7 4600u, 12gb of RAM, 500gb Samsung EVO sata3 ssd, broadcom wireless card. Can i install Mojave on this? I don't have any idea at all... Thanks anticipated!
read post 1

Hey there,

I am attempting Mojave on this laptop but, I'm experiencing multiple kernel panics after installation.
I'm using the config and DSDT on the post but I don't know how to fix it

if anyone else has got it working please can you let me know how?
thanks

This guide doesn't seem to work for me on Mojave either. I get the same kernel panic on reboot after installation. Something to do with the integrated graphics but it's quite hard to see. It does however work on High Sierra.

The guide is for High Sierra, i will add the Mojave guide very soon.
For you that are interested to install macOS Mojave
You have to use original clover from Sourceforge.net as Rehabman clover is outdated for now.

Go over to my github repo:
https://github.com/Snikii/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440

Download as Zip, use that config.plist and place the SSDT-T440.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Kexts to use:
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext (from Rehabman)
Intelmausiethernet.kext (Rehabman)
brcmfirmwarerepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext
EAPDCodecCommander.kext

Also the VirtualSMC plugin kexts:
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCsuperIO.kext

Also make sure to copy virtualsmc.efi to EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI and delete SMChelper.efi

Alc_fix is still needed for audio, we just use AppleALC.kext instead

The rest should be fine, i will update this one and write the macOS Mojave guide within those two weeks.

I ran through all your steps to make a USB, The installer does boot after a while although it has some Kextd stalls, (240s appleacpicpu)

I'm gonna attach my EFI if there is a solution, but I was able to boot into the installer after waiting

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 158
The guide is for High Sierra, i will add the Mojave guide very soon.
For you that are interested to install macOS Mojave
You have to use original clover from Sourceforge.net as Rehabman clover is outdated for now.

Go over to my github repo:
https://github.com/Snikii/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440

Download as Zip, use that config.plist and place the SSDT-T440.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Kexts to use:
Lilu.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext (from Rehabman)
Intelmausiethernet.kext (Rehabman)
brcmfirmwarerepo.kext
BrcmPatchRam2.kext
EAPDCodecCommander.kext

Also the VirtualSMC plugin kexts:
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCsuperIO.kext

Also make sure to copy virtualsmc.efi to EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI and delete SMChelper.efi

Alc_fix is still needed for audio, we just use AppleALC.kext instead

The rest should be fine, i will update this one and write the macOS Mojave guide within those two weeks.

Just upgraded my High Sierra installation to Mojave using this info. Everything works fine so far.

I ran through all your steps to make a USB, The installer does boot after a while although it has some Kextd stalls, (240s appleacpicpu)

I'm gonna attach my EFI if there is a solution, but I was able to boot into the installer after waiting
You should be using AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of AptioFix2Drv.efi, didn't check any further, reinstall latest clover with correct settings.
Just upgraded my High Sierra installation to Mojave using this info. Everything works fine so far.
Thanks for confirming this, guide should be updated during those two weeks and also posted on the macOS Mojave Laptop Guide for the macOS Mojave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back