CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 3000 | GTX 1650 LP
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

Lenovo ThinkPad T440 using OpenCore (0.6.7)

The Readme, Instructions and the EFI is provided here: https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440

Problem Reporting and Troubleshooting
Please provide proper Problem Reporting (archive) which includes the EFI and a copy of IOREG.
IOREG should be saved with the correct working version of IOregistryExplorer that can be found here:

Last edited:
Reserved for future post #1

Reserved for future post #2

Reserved for future post #3

Guide has received a small update:
- Updated ALCPlugFix with correct ALC3232.plist configuration file
- Updated Config.plist: added alc-verbs DeviceProperty to support CustomVerbs from 3rd party apps (ALCPlugFix)
- Updated AppleALC.kext: added missing verbs from ConfigData and WakeConfigData

Now audio should work fine (without dock support yet).
I will update codecs on AppleALC by sending a pull request so we can have our one with Full Dock Support.

Thank you and all others to make it so easy to transform a dull windows laptop in a wonderfull hackbook. I had some issues but the easy fix was to take out ssd from lenovo and install big sur to lenovo ssd which i temporarily connect to my working hack. Added efi folder content to it and adjusted config with serials etc. This is a fast and easy method.

I see a message that "service recommended" about the battery. But there are no 2 batteries detected or mentioned. Which one to replace? I ordered a new 45Wh replacement battery for the removable 23Wh battery. The internal needs to be replaced too I think.

Last edited:
@Sniki Hi, i installed my first hackintosh on t440 with your guide but the wifi isnt working for mine.
Everything installs great but wifi and BT isnt working. I have read that this problem is can be in the efi partition left after the installation of windows, i deleted the partitions with GParted, reinstalled the Mac OS and WiFi is working perfectly! But after restart the PC, wifi dropped down and not working anymore... I tried to reinstall mac os 4 times, changing efi and reconfiguring the plist, formatting disk 2 times, but still not working. Have you had a similar problem and managed to fix it? Please help..

My wifi card is Intel AC-7260. And my specs of thinkpad is:

I5 4300u

8GB RAM DDR3

120GB SSD M.2 and 240GB SSD SATA

and i'm using Open Core 0.7.3

@Sniki Hi, i installed my first hackintosh on t440 with your guide but the wifi isnt working for mine.
Everything installs great but wifi and BT isnt working. I have read that this problem is can be in the efi partition left after the installation of windows, i deleted the partitions with GParted, reinstalled the Mac OS and WiFi is working perfectly! But after restart the PC, wifi dropped down and not working anymore... I tried to reinstall mac os 4 times, changing efi and reconfiguring the plist, formatting disk 2 times, but still not working. Have you had a similar problem and managed to fix it? Please help..

My wifi card is Intel AC-7260. And my specs of thinkpad is:

I5 4300u

8GB RAM DDR3

120GB SSD M.2 and 240GB SSD SATA

and i'm using Open Core 0.7.3
If you haven't fix it, go to this link-> https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440
I have attached the kexts you need.
Open the partition containing your EFI folder and paste the kexts in the kext folder(AirportBrcmFixup,BrcmBluetoothInjector,BrcmFirmwareData,BrcmPatchRAM3).
Open the OpenCore config and go to Kernel->scan/browse.
Disable and Enable the corresponding kexts as stated in the instructions by unchecking and save. Restart the computer and go to System Preferences->network and check if Wi-Fi is connected(the wifi icon likely to show searching for network but it's connected).
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AirportBrcmFixup.kext.zip
    25.1 KB · Views: 82
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 82
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.zip
    23.1 KB · Views: 80
If you haven't fix it, go to this link-> https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440
I have attached the kexts you need.
Open the partition containing your EFI folder and paste the kexts in the kext folder(AirportBrcmFixup,BrcmBluetoothInjector,BrcmFirmwareData,BrcmPatchRAM3).
Open the OpenCore config and go to Kernel->scan/browse.
Disable and Enable the corresponding kexts as stated in the instructions by unchecking and save. Restart the computer and go to System Preferences->network and check if Wi-Fi is connected(the wifi icon likely to show searching for network but it's connected).
Hope this helps.
those kexts are not for intel wifi...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back