Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad L450 with Clover Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I am trying for a while to install MAC OS on my L450. Because of compatability issues I have decided to use Yosemite 10.10.5 and followed the posted guide.

I also managed to boot Clover in UEFI mode. Unfortunately it freezes after asked for SMC and lens=1. I attached my Clover configuration and a screenshot of the frozen screen. After searching for a while for a solution I could not find anything. I hope for some input to solve this problem.

Doublechecked the BIOS configuration.

Thank you.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Broadwell info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thank you for the fast reply. I can see my problem. DVMT is set to 128. I followed one guide (from your linked threads) to edit DVMT. Unfortunately I can't start the EFI Shell. I copied it to my FAT 32 formated USB (/BOOT/bootx64.efi), but I just end in a loop after booting from USB. Choose media to boot --> USB --> Black screen --> Choose media to boot --> USB--> Black screen etc.

Do you know about any similar problems with Lenovo BIOS software?

How do you know?

I have checked it in Windows. The check trough the Backup method and the UEFI tool was not possible, because Lenovo Laptops use Phoenix BIOS and I don't know the correct Text Label to check. It is not Setup.

I have checked it in Windows

Clearly you didn't read the FAQ very carefully...

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Question:
Is the x1 carbon version of the voodoops2 kext that is mentioned in the guides on page one compatible with 10.12?
I got my L450 booting 10.12 and - with a lot of help from RehabMan - got the graphics to work right.
Now I'm working on fixing the mouse pad, but when I use the VoodooPS2Controller_X1Carbon.kext, I get a kernel panic on boot.
So I'm wondering if it's incompatible with Sierra?

Question:
Is the x1 carbon version of the voodoops2 kext that is mentioned in the guides on page one compatible with 10.12?
I got my L450 booting 10.12 and - with a lot of help from RehabMan - got the graphics to work right.
Now I'm working on fixing the mouse pad, but when I use the VoodooPS2Controller_X1Carbon.kext, I get a kernel panic on boot.
So I'm wondering if it's incompatible with Sierra?

Probably not. Show panic.

Attachments

• Fil 24-12-2016 23.08.04.jpeg
    Fil 24-12-2016 23.08.04.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 201
You need at least 1.8.24 for Sierra compat. Clearly, the kext you're using does not have the fix...
Ok. I can boot fine with the normal voodooPS2controller test from your laptop guide, but not with the X1-Carbon version that is referred to on page 1.
I've tried to search around, but can't seem to find an updated version that works with 10.12
Do you know if I it exists?
And merry Christmas btw. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back