Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you able to assist me on creating custom ssdt? yes I know that usb wifi is not recommended but I have no choice. I am not going to risk it by disassembling my whole laptop to flash the whitelisted bios, the usb stick works fine for me previously which problem that I can handle

I already linked the guide in post #229.

gave up :( seems like a lot of steps is required. hope Sniki will be able to assist

Once you understand what is going on, and have the required hardware (USB3 and USB2 device or just a USB3 hub), it takes about 15 minutes.

Longer if it is your first time..., especially if you're not familiar with ACPI/MaciASL/etc.
It is worth learning.

My laptop is running macOS perfectly but one thing I have not been able to figure out is how to make it stop beeping during startup/restart. I have disabled the TPM chip in BIOS but no luck. I get the 4 beeps - pause - 4 beeps. The original BIOS does not produce these beeps but the modded BIOS does. Is everyone with this laptop model facing this issue?

My laptop is running macOS perfectly but one thing I have not been able to figure out is how to make it stop beeping during startup/restart. I have disabled the TPM chip in BIOS but no luck. I get the 4 beeps - pause - 4 beeps. The original BIOS does not produce these beeps but the modded BIOS does. Is everyone with this laptop model facing this issue?
You have to disable the Security Chip and Anti Theft Module on Bios as requested per guide.

You have to disable the Security Chip and Anti Theft Module on Bios as requested per guide.

I disabled everything in the BIOS but to no avail.

Attachments

• eYKCtQgNSyGBS8CSnMiNig.jpg
    eYKCtQgNSyGBS8CSnMiNig.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • 6+Ao1vrSSeipqLh010Hz1w.jpg
    6+Ao1vrSSeipqLh010Hz1w.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
i'm using Sniki config. So i think he should be able to solve it easily.

The UIAC data in SSDT-L440.aml is clearly wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back