Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I tried again this time using this.
I used the new SSDT-L440.aml & SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml, and config.plist.
I removed alc292 clear cache, and then install alc3232 and clear cache.

1. It fixed my gfx problem, I no longer have gfx issue
2. two problem came out
2.1 Audio, there is no more audio
2.2 fn f5 and fn 6 (brightness up and down) is not working at all, totally no effect after pressing those button

attached my error report

Content in SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml conflicts with content in SSDT-L440-2.aml, effectively disabling the latter.
Remove SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml.

Content in SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml conflicts with content in SSDT-L440-2.aml, effectively disabling the latter.
Remove SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml.
removed ssdt-Disable_EHCI.aml

same problem . attached the new error report file

Attachments

• debug_29240.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 129
removed ssdt-Disable_EHCI.aml

same problem . attached the new error report file

Audio: As per FAQ, must boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot

That will likely also fix your brightness (check in SysPrefs->Displays for slider).

Audio: As per FAQ, must boot without caches, rebuild cache, reboot

That will likely also fix your brightness (check in SysPrefs->Displays for slider).
yes it fixed the screen brightness problem. but not the audio problem though.

I did boot without caches -> rebuild cache-> reboot, tested to be not working -> reboot and press f2 and f4 -> run the error report tool

Attachments

• debug_30673.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
yes it fixed the screen brightness problem. but not the audio problem though.

I did boot without caches -> rebuild cache-> reboot, tested to be not working -> reboot and press f2 and f4 -> run the error report tool

Maybe the audio kext you have installed, alc3232.kext, is not for ALC292 or it does not use layout-id 28.

Maybe the audio kext you have installed, alc3232.kext, is not for ALC292 or it does not use layout-id 28.

ok my bbad. I reenabled those disabled kext in config.plist for applehda and it worked now! thank you sir!!

ok my bbad. I reenabled those disabled kext in config.plist for applehda and it worked now! thank you sir!!

Yeah, I didn't notice they were disabled...
Not sure why you would do that... AppleHDA injector kexts always require the appropriate KextsToPatch entries in config.plist... and they must be enabled to work. Too much clicking in Clover Configurator, I suspect (you should avoid Clover Configurator).

Yeah, I didn't notice they were disabled...
Not sure why you would do that... AppleHDA injector kexts always require the appropriate KextsToPatch entries in config.plist... and they must be enabled to work. Too much clicking in Clover Configurator, I suspect (you should avoid Clover Configurator).
yes too much clicking hahahah..

But now I got a new problem :( :(. I hope this will be the last problem

When inserting my wifi adapter into the USB port (I tried all different port) it shows "usb accessory need power", and my wifi adaptor will not work. it is weird because it was working on the previous SSDT-L440.aml (where there is gfx glitch) config file. USB port is working fine as I am able to use usb powered mouse, it is just the wifi dongle that have this error.

again I have attached my error report

Attachments

• debug_17473.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
yes too much clicking hahahah..

But now I got a new problem :( :(. I hope this will be the last problem

When inserting my wifi adapter into the USB port (I tried all different port) it shows "usb accessory need power", and my wifi adaptor will not work. it is weird because it was working on the previous SSDT-L440.aml (where there is gfx glitch) config file. USB port is working fine as I am able to use usb powered mouse, it is just the wifi dongle that have this error.

again I have attached my error report

Your USB configuration is wrong... Looks like wrong UsbConnector values.
For each SSxx port with UsbConnector=3 there should be an HSxx port with UsbConnector=3.
For some reason yo have one SSxx port (SSP1) with UsbConnector=3, but 4 HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3. Either there are missing SSxx ports or you have HSxx ports the wrong UsbConnector values. USB2-only ports HSxx should be marked UsbConnector=0.

See details here, then review your UIAC data in the SSDT:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, USB WiFi is not recommended. See FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your USB configuration is wrong... Looks like wrong UsbConnector values.
For each SSxx port with UsbConnector=3 there should be an HSxx port with UsbConnector=3.
For some reason yo have one SSxx port (SSP1) with UsbConnector=3, but 4 HSxx ports with UsbConnector=3. Either there are missing SSxx ports or you have HSxx ports the wrong UsbConnector values. USB2-only ports HSxx should be marked UsbConnector=0.

See details here, then review your UIAC data in the SSDT:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Also, USB WiFi is not recommended. See FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
are you able to assist me on creating custom ssdt? yes I know that usb wifi is not recommended but I have no choice. I am not going to risk it by disassembling my whole laptop to flash the whitelisted bios, the usb stick works fine for me previously which problem that I can handle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back