Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, finally I can get to the desktop :D
I have also used your new alc kext (and rest of the files of course), my audio works now - but I think its a little bit quiet.
Is there any method to increase the volume (at this moment i've set 100% volume)?

Best regards :)
Theres no method to increase volume for now on patched codec, however you can use BoomSound app to increase volume for that.

I attach a zip with the files. Thanks in advance!!!

Some help? The problem is that when I press de FN+F6 key to increase brightness, go to maximum and don't work anymore. If I press FN+F5, go to minimum and the screen still black, make me restart the system.
Thanks in advance!!!

If I press FN+F5, go to minimum and the screen still black, make me restart the system.

Are you saying that Fn+F6 does not work to increase brightness after the screen is black?

Are you saying that Fn+F6 does not work to increase brightness after the screen is black?
Yes, is like the key "hangs" to maximum if press FN+F6 or minimum if press FN+F5, and don't work again to the next restart. My solution is manage the brightness with the app "Brightness slider".

Yes, is like the key "hangs" to maximum if press FN+F6 or minimum if press FN+F5, and don't work again to the next restart. My solution is manage the brightness with the app "Brightness slider".

Your keys are likely "breakless" (they send PS2 make codes without break codes).
Your you messed up the ACPI patching for brightness.
If the keys are handled via PS2, take a look at "Breakless PS2" configuration in the PS2 kext (it is done for a particular Dell configuration, for example).
If the keys are ACPI, attach problem reporting files as requested in the FAQ.

Idk what you did there, but if you are using my files, i can tell you that it is working fine for me, i have my L440 for around 2 years on hackintosh as my daily driver and i don't have these problems, if you are using my files from my guide theres no reason to not work.

Maybe i would suggest you do an EC Reset or CMOS Reset.

Idk what you did there, but if you are using my files, i can tell you that it is working fine for me, i have my L440 for around 2 years on hackintosh as my daily driver and i don't have these problems, if you are using my files from my guide theres no reason to not work.

Maybe i would suggest you do an EC Reset or CMOS Reset.

I do a EC reset, the brightness its ok know, but loose the audio. Make an new clean installation but without luck. This night i will make a CMOS reset to see if is the solution!!!

I do a EC reset, the brightness its ok know, but loose the audio. Make an new clean installation but without luck. This night i will make a CMOS reset to see if is the solution!!!
Ok great, if for some reasons audio still won't work correctly even after CMOS Reset:
- Boot without caches (rehabman fork of clover bootloader does have that feature)
- Open Terminal and type this command:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot back to normal, if audio still isn't working, open terminal and enter the command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot again and see if it works, if for some reasons audio doesn't work again, then upload "Problem reporting files"

Ok great, if for some reasons audio still won't work correctly even after CMOS Reset:
- Boot without caches (rehabman fork of clover bootloader does have that feature)
- Open Terminal and type this command:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
- reboot back to normal, if audio still isn't working, open terminal and enter the command:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot again and see if it works, if for some reasons audio doesn't work again, then upload "Problem reporting files"

Hi friend!! I make an CMOS reset, reinstall audio kext and after 2 reboots, the audio works again. Whit 3 days of test, all work flawless. If I have another trouble with the audio, will try repairing caches like you post.

Thank you very much!!!
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back