Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I can't see where the "Install_config.plist" is, at this moment I used the "config.plist" file to start installation, but unfortunately I'm getting "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error after first restart, so I want to check installation with another compatible config.plist (maybe this problem is SMBIOS related). Can you upload this file again?

Regards.

Hello,

I can't see where the "Install_config.plist" is, at this moment I used the "config.plist" file to start installation, but unfortunately I'm getting "OSInstall.mpkg missing or damaged" error after first restart, so I want to check installation with another compatible config.plist (maybe this problem is SMBIOS related). Can you upload this file again?

Regards.
Re-Download MacOS Installer again,its corrupted.
Not a problem with config.plist
You can install it with config.plist without a problem.

I could make work control Brightness, but the keyboard keys to control her don't work. Im breaking my head trying to make work audio, but without lucky. Maybe is that my L440 have ALC3232?
Here are the files attached.

Delete ALC292.kext ; delete your config.plist & delete everything on EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Add this attached config.plist ; add this SSDT-L440.aml & SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml that i attached, install this ALC3232.kext which is my new one but i can't find the time to update the guide.

You must use Rehabman fork of clover bootloader for my files to work.
here is the link: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Reboot and see if new files work.

Enjoy !

Attachments

• ALC3232.kext.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 99
  • SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml
    375 bytes · Views: 126
  • SSDT-L440.aml
    3.2 KB · Views: 118
  • config.plist
    14.4 KB · Views: 254
Here are the files attached.

Delete ALC292.kext ; delete your config.plist & delete everything on EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Add this attached config.plist ; add this SSDT-L440.aml & SSDT-Disable_EHCI.aml that i attached, install this ALC3232.kext which is my new one but i can't find the time to update the guide.

You must use Rehabman fork of clover bootloader for my files to work.
here is the link: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

Reboot and see if new files work.

Enjoy !

Ohhh man, you are awesome, I'm testing all and seems to be perfect!!!! thanks thanks thanks thank you so much!!!! :clap::headbang::clap:

Hello, finally I can get to the desktop :D
I have also used your new alc kext (and rest of the files of course), my audio works now - but I think its a little bit quiet.
Is there any method to increase the volume (at this moment i've set 100% volume)?

Best regards :)

Last edited:
Hi!!! The keyboard control brightness don't work, I install again intelbacklightinjector.kext, rebuild caches, but don't work, what can I do? Thanks!!!

Hi!!! The keyboard control brightness don't work, I install again intelbacklightinjector.kext, rebuild caches, but don't work, what can I do? Thanks!!!
Read Post #1 - Problem Reporting
Attach all requested files

Read Post #1 - Problem Reporting
Attach all requested files

I attach a zip with the files. Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
Hello Sniki,
I am not having a technical issue but more a problem of choice.

First thank you for your 4 awesome guides (L440, T440, T440s and X240) which are very thorough and for all the support you seem to bring to people having technical difficulties.

I am currently running a X220 on OS X El Capitan for two years now and it's quite a pleasure with new 9 cells battery, IPS screen, SSD and 8GB ram.
But, I am starting to see the i5's limitation on certain applications and I need a bigger screen.

Your configuration with L440 and i7 seems really fine and I am considering to go for either a T440s or a L440. What are the main differences for you regarding hardware support and what can you advice before buying anything ?

Thank you for your time,

Hello Sniki,
I am not having a technical issue but more a problem of choice.

First thank you for your 4 awesome guides (L440, T440, T440s and X240) which are very thorough and for all the support you seem to bring to people having technical difficulties.

I am currently running a X220 on OS X El Capitan for two years now and it's quite a pleasure with new 9 cells battery, IPS screen, SSD and 8GB ram.
But, I am starting to see the i5's limitation on certain applications and I need a bigger screen.

Your configuration with L440 and i7 seems really fine and I am considering to go for either a T440s or a L440. What are the main differences for you regarding hardware support and what can you advice before buying anything ?

Thank you for your time,
You are welcome,

In terms of hardware support it all depends on your best fit, hardware choice from these two models, each one does have some pros over the other.

As for hackintosh they are both viable and equally supported.

Lenovo ThinkPad L440
Pros:
  • Better CPU Performance (“M” type Processors are more powerful than “U” Series if im correct,as “U” Series are more often used on UltraBooks)
  • You can get a Quad Core i7 Model
  • 9 cell battery - im satisfied with it.
  • 16 GB ram option
Cons:
  • Crappy Display Panels by OEM, replacement/upgrade is necessary for eye satisfaction.
  • Only 1x USB 3.0 Port & 3x 2.0 Ports
  • A bit thicker body than T440s
  • No backlit keyboard

Lenovo ThinkPad T440S
Pros:
  • Better Battery Life (“U” Series CPUs are more power efficient & you have dual batteries 3cell internal “inside” the laptop + 6 cell removable) which has a bit longer battery life than L440
  • 3 x USB 3.0 Ports
  • Option for 1920x1080 IPS display by default (oem) when you purchase it “which i believe theres a multitouch model as well”
  • Backlit Keyboard Model
  • Thinner body than L440
Cons:
  • Might have lower CPU power compared to L440 as it uses the “U” Series CPUs
  • No Quad Core CPU for U Models
  • 12GB max ram

So it’s up to you to choose which one you prefer more than the other.

The performance improvements are substantial from second gen so you will get noticable improvements no matter which one you choose.
It all depends on what type of usage you have.
If you are a power user, editing, programming or whatever, then go for L440 as you have:
  • quad core option
  • 16gb ram etc.
  • Noticable performance difference on such usage.
If you are not a heavy user, i would go for T440s:
  • more USB 3.0 Ports (3x)
  • Backlit Keyboard
  • A Multitouch display would be a bonus
  • A bit longer battery life
  • Body is a bit thinner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back