Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed Mac OX Sierra on my laptop but have some issue. My laptop is Lenovo X240, audio is ALC292, it doesn't work following your guide( look like my hardware is same like L440). Another problem is battery. I can't make it work. Do you have any guide for Lenovo x240, that is my first hackintosh and I need help.....

I installed Mac OX Sierra on my laptop but have some issue. My laptop is Lenovo X240, audio is ALC292, it doesn't work following your guide( look like my hardware is same like L440). Another problem is battery. I can't make it work. Do you have any guide for Lenovo x240, that is my first hackintosh and I need help.....
Read Post #1 “Problem Reporting”
Attach all requested files.
Will look take a look on your files and see what i can help.

Thank you in advance. I hope there are the correct files.[just to let you know that X240 have two battery-internal+external]

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    39.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IORegistryExplorer.zip
    267.6 KB · Views: 101
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
  • IOKitPersonalities_x86_64.ioplist.gz.zip
    107.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hi Sniki, I wanna say first thanks so much for making a guide for the l440! I am a former linux user but have recently had to switch to windows 10 because software that I need to have at the moment only exists for mac and windows. I'm not really enjoying using windows 10 however and would much prefer to switch back to a unix-like os. What is the viability of using a hackintosh l440 as a daily driver? Everything that I need to use in terms of hardware and software seems to work just fine in your guide but will i have to expect any reliability issues for long term use? Battery inefficiency? Thanks a bunch!

Thank you in advance. I hope there are the correct files.[just to let you know that X240 have two battery-internal+external]
Ok, will take a look at the files and try to make the patch for it.

Hi Sniki, I wanna say first thanks so much for making a guide for the l440! I am a former linux user but have recently had to switch to windows 10 because software that I need to have at the moment only exists for mac and windows. I'm not really enjoying using windows 10 however and would much prefer to switch back to a unix-like os. What is the viability of using a hackintosh l440 as a daily driver? Everything that I need to use in terms of hardware and software seems to work just fine in your guide but will i have to expect any reliability issues for long term use? Battery inefficiency? Thanks a bunch!
Aside from the known issues which I will fix them when I have time for it:
1. PrtSc - will map it work as Print Screen function on macOS.
2. Fn+F11/F11 - will map it to something.
3. Audio works perfect but if you boot laptop with headphones plugged in,you won’t have audio on headphones,putting the laptop to sleep and waking it fixes that issue.
Will fix that too when i have time for it.
4.Card Reader - theres a kext on development, we will have to see if he manages to complete it.
5.VGA Port doesn’t work - might be able to enable it but it’s not stable and didn’t need it so I didn’t spend time on it.

Everything else is working perfect
Battery life is awesome for me (if not better than windows).
You won’t have issues with it.
I have been using it for 2 years and im happy with it.
Apps seems to be more stable than on windows.
YMMV.

Ok here are the two files that you need.
1.Use this/Add config.plist to EFI/Clover and add SSDT-X240.aml into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder (remove everything else from Patched folder).
2.Reboot.
3.Test what is working, list the stuff that doesn't work.
4.Open IOregistryExplorer and keep it open, get a USB2 Device (flash drive or USB Mouse or whatever) and plug it on each port, plug on first usb port, wait 3 sec, unplug , repeat same on other USB Port.
- Do the same thing with a USB3.0 device (Flash Drive/External HDD or whatever 3.0 Device).
5.File Save (saves the copy of IOREG).
6.After you tested what is working and what is not working: Collect All "Problem Reporting Files" and upload them here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    19.3 KB · Views: 270
  • SSDT-X240.aml
    8.3 KB · Views: 127
Ok here are the two files that you need.
1.Use this/Add config.plist to EFI/Clover and add SSDT-X240.aml into your EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched folder (remove everything else from Patched folder).
2.Reboot.
3.Test what is working, list the stuff that doesn't work.
4.Open IOregistryExplorer and keep it open, get a USB2 Device (flash drive or USB Mouse or whatever) and plug it on each port, plug on first usb port, wait 3 sec, unplug , repeat same on other USB Port.
- Do the same thing with a USB3.0 device (Flash Drive/External HDD or whatever 3.0 Device).
5.File Save (saves the copy of IOREG).
6.After you tested what is working and what is not working: Collect All "Problem Reporting Files" and upload them here.

Hi Sniki, I change confic.plist and SSDT-X240 and reboot.
Working:
-video card
- have sound ( not checked for level because don’t have access for internet now)
Not working:
- battery status always stay 0%
-don’t have power to both USB ports
If I don’t have power to USB do you want me to test with usb2 and usb3 device?
Thank you

Hi Sniki, I change confic.plist and SSDT-X240 and reboot.
Working:
-video card
- have sound ( not checked for level because don’t have access for internet now)
Not working:
- battery status always stay 0%
-don’t have power to both USB ports
If I don’t have power to USB do you want me to test with usb2 and usb3 device?
Thank you

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back