Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats,
Yes friend, i did finally fix Audio completely, also built a new Keyboard Map from scratch and now all Buttons work.
I will upload the x240 & L450 guide max till weekend and will add the improvements/fixes/changes.

You will have it all working after taking the files from the guide.

I will upload the audio files for you on the evening so u can test them.

About slow wifi after wake: just remove checkmark on “wake for network access” on SysPrefs>Energy Saver and issue solved.

My wifi and bluetooth worked fine,last time i installed for testing purpose was on the release of Creators Update and it worked fine.
Bluetooth and WiFi worked OOB with native Windows 10 drivers.
But i also found the driver from Dell support Site.
Just google for DW1560 drivers and im sure you will find them.
Like it’s obvious that Broadcomm didn’t build these cards for Hackintosh but they were used on Windows so you what i mean.

Also check if you somehow disabled Radio for WiFi,try with the keyboard shortcut Fn+F7 or the one that has wifi radio on/off.
Theres no reason for it to not work.

WOW that will be amazing!! I will waiting your file and will test this evening. Thank you again my friend, you are doing a great job for me and all ThinkPad users:clap::clap:

About Windows 10 I think that X240 have some issue with DW1560 card, I see that lots of people this problem as well!!!

I finally did it !
After partly reading "HDA Spec" once and after reading Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide from "EMlyDinEsH":
i managed to Patch my ALC3232(ALC292) audio codec from scratch on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440.
- All Inputs and Outputs are working perfect now.
- On Cold Boot & after sleep/wake cycle.
- Line-In (ExtMic) works 100% of the time too via comboJack.
- Sound switches automatically to USB Headset too when i plug them.

i want to Thank all the people who contributed to AppleHDA patching and for making their detailed guides.

But the biggest credits go to @RehabMan for being my main motivator.
It's been almost two years since i joined here and when i look back at that time and see where i am now, i realise how much i have learned and achieved thanks to him, which i previously though that i would never be able make it there.
But still, the more i learn, the more i feel that i know nothing, new things come up/new goals show up, see things different and realise that learning has no limits...

As far as Hackintosh goes, the only thing left for me to do on my laptops is to add other available Sensors & FAN RPM code, to show stats on HWMonitor and other "PC/laptop stats" applications.
I will experiment with Notebook FAN Control on Windows & Linux and see if i can do something there.

I finally did it !
After partly reading "HDA Spec" once and after reading Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide from "EMlyDinEsH":
i managed to Patch my ALC3232(ALC292) audio codec from scratch on my Lenovo ThinkPad L440.

i want to Thank all the people who contributed to AppleHDA patching and for making their detailed guides.

It's been almost two years since i joined here and when i look back at that time and see where i am now, i realise how much i have learned and achieved thanks to him, which i previously though that i would never be able make it there.
But still, the more i learn, the more i feel that i know nothing, new things come up/new goals show up, see things different and realise that learning has no limits...

As far as Hackintosh goes, the only thing left for me to do on my laptops is to add other available Sensors & FAN RPM code, to show stats on HWMonitor and other "PC/laptop stats" applications.
I will experiment with Notebook FAN Control on Windows & Linux and see if i can do something there.

I will wait for your new file and will be happy to testing. Thank again for your hard work!!

Hi
I finally did it !

Hi mate, are you ready with new ALC3232 files

Yes i am, im doing the final adjustments to the files for upload to the guide.
Except the update to air later tonight/midnight or tomorrow evening.

Great! I will wait;)

How can I disassemble my SSDT-X240.aml file? Thanks

How can I disassemble my SSDT-X240.aml file? Thanks
Ok, i didn't have time to upload the X240 guide tonight but i might upload it tomorrow.

First of all what you need to do is:
- Go download Rehabman fork of Clover Bootloader:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

- Go update your kexts from rehabman repo of github & others like shiki.kext/intelgraphicsfixup.kext & Lilu.kext

- Use the SSDT-X240.aml that i attached, it's the new one with all the improvements included, if you have any issues upload full problem reporting files

- Use the new config.plist that i attached in order to have everything working because it matches Rehabman Fork of Clover Features that he added.

- Use the attached ALC3232.kext for working audio.

- Use Tluck fork of VoodooPS2Controller that i attached as prebuilt in order to have trackpoint and other stuff working.

Your audio should work properly now.

Steps:
1. Install that fork of Rehabman Clover Bootloader or otherwise my files wont work for you.
2. Copy my config.plist that i attached into EFI/Clover/
3. Copy my attached SSDT-X240.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/
4. Install kexts

HOW TO INSTALL kexts correctly:

copy ALC3232.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext into desktop and open a new terminal window:
Code:
cd desktop
sudo cp -R ALC3232.kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -R VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions/
then you rebuilt permissons/caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and everything should work.

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.4 KB · Views: 270
  • SSDT-X240.aml
    8.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ALC3232.kext.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 84
  • VoodooPS2Controller.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 78
Ok, i didn't have time to upload the X240 guide tonight but i might upload it tomorrow.

First of all what you need to do is:
- Go download Rehabman fork of Clover Bootloader:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/clover/downloads/

- Go update your kexts from rehabman repo of github & others like shiki.kext/intelgraphicsfixup.kext & Lilu.kext

- Use the SSDT-X240.aml that i attached, it's the new one with all the improvements included, if you have any issues upload full problem reporting files

- Use the new config.plist that i attached in order to have everything working because it matches Rehabman Fork of Clover Features that he added.

- Use the attached ALC3232.kext for working audio.

- Use Tluck fork of VoodooPS2Controller that i attached as prebuilt in order to have trackpoint and other stuff working.

Your audio should work properly now.

Steps:
1. Install that fork of Rehabman Clover Bootloader or otherwise my files wont work for you.
2. Copy my config.plist that i attached into EFI/Clover/
3. Copy my attached SSDT-X240.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/
4. Install kexts

HOW TO INSTALL kexts correctly:

copy ALC3232.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kext into desktop and open a new terminal window:
Code:
cd desktop
sudo cp -R ALC3232.kext /Library/Extensions/
sudo cp -R VoodooPS2Controller.kext /Library/Extensions/
then you rebuilt permissons/caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot and everything should work.

Thank you mate, Yep my audio working now!! Great work:thumbup:

Thank you mate, Yep my audio working now!! Great work:thumbup:
Great, why do you want the disassembled SSDT-X240.aml ?
I will add the guide tomorrow hopefully and you will be able to find the hotpatch folder which does have all SSDTs separated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back