Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    53.8 KB · Views: 83
Sorry for the delay here are my acpi/origin files.

This line:
Code:
                Store (CPPC, \_PR.CPU0._PPC ())

Can simply be removed. _PPC is a method. A method cannot be the target of a Store-op. The ACPI runtime will ignore it. Removing it results in no material change to the code.

Update:
I've been running 10.11.6 for more than a month. System is very stable and smooth.
During that time I upgraded screen to B140HAN01.3 which worked out of box.
Did the BIOS update and whitelist removal and installed BCM94352z which works with provided kexts.
BT not working yet, but I will be installing Sierra soon and will try to fix it. Thanks again for glorious guide

We will fix your Bluetooth,i will be available at evening and help you.

Glad you have it all sorted out,i will update the guide this weekend.
  • More hotpatch technique than static (ssdt) static patching not needed anymore.
  • Audio is completely fixed now (Credits to InsanelyDeepAk)
  • Brightness workaround for IntelBacklight.kext not working on 10.12.4+
  • Some Benchmarks
  • Will do some text formatting on the guide so it looks a bit cleaner.

will update the guide this weekend
I'll wait for it to do a clean install. After BIOS update I still need to redo my ACPI files. Thanks
Brightness workaround for IntelBacklight.kext not working on 10.12.4+
I'm reading Rehabman's guide regarding AppleBacklightInjector.kext, you might include link to it in your guide and/or ready files.

I'll wait for it to do a clean install. After BIOS update I still need to redo my ACPI files. Thanks

Yes, you will need just a few patches on DSDT till i completely Master Hotpatch technique which is very possible on L440 since the ACPI structure can be completely Fixed with Hotpatch technique.
You will only have to make a few DSDT static patches and all OEM SSDT`s will be patched with clover instead.
i created most of the SSDT`s for specific function instead which all that you will have to do is just copy them since they are patched and created for the same laptop (which your is same as mine)
For Example:
SSDT-HDAU (HDMI SSDT which contains the layout id and patches needed for this laptop)
SSDT-HDEF (Audio Patch/Layout ID)
SSDT-PNLF (Brightness SSDT)
SSDT-SMBUS (SMBUS Injection/Fix)
SSDT-XOSI (Windows Emulation SSDT)

Now im working on:
SSDT-PRW (instant wake from sleep,so i can remove from DSDT and fix it with this SSDT)
SSDT-XSEL (Disable XSEL)
SSDT-ESEL (Disable ESEL)
SSDT-XWAK (Disable XWAK)
SSDT-IMEI (Inject IMEI with SSDT),etc
Will be updated Regularly

This new hotpatch method will get to a point where we won`t need to patch anymore and be able to update/clean install with most of the stuff working.
And it will be way much easier for new Hackintosh members since it will require way less work than it did for me and others.

Im working on it right and i will open a sparate thread where i will try to add more hotpatches like Function Keys (FN)
and some other patches that i still need to static patch on DSDT so we can move them on clover and get rid of ACPI Static Patching with Rehabman`s Assitance/Help.

Will link the post on the guide as soon as i open the thread so you guys can follow the Progress.

I'm reading Rehabman's guide regarding AppleBacklightInjector.kext, you might include link to it in your guide and/or ready files.
Yes i will,i can even upload it here for you in case you need it but since you are still on El Capitan i will update the guide on weekend and you will have everything there and it will require you 60% less work on making the laptop fully working than it did before.
For that brightness fix all you need is the kext from rehabman (will put it here till i update the guide),the SSDT-PNLF and a Kernel & Kext Patches Patch:

Name: AppleBacklight
Find[HEX]: 46257554 25303478 00
Replace[HEX]: 46257554 78787878 00
Comment: change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)

Attachments

• SSDT-PNLF.aml
    693 bytes · Views: 162
  • AppleBacklightInjector.kext.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 80
This new hotpatch method will get to a point where we won`t need to patch anymore and be able to update/clean install with most of the stuff working.
And it will be way much easier for new Hackintosh members since it will require way less work than it did for me and others.
Wow, this sounds fantastic! Exciting times for L440 users. Thank you for your hard work

UPD: With the new BIOS w/ unlocked advanced menu I am able to access DVMT-prealloc settings. It is set to 32mb. Should I attempt to increase?

Last edited:
Finally !, L440 Complete Hotpatch achieved.
Will try to upload tonight if i can find time for it & update Guide to v2 with Results:
  • No ACPI Static patching needed(MaciAsl) ; Everything is with Hotpatching methodon: config.plist + SSDT`+ few Kexts
  • Improved Performance & Stability
  • Audio is completely fixed now thanks to (InsanelyDeepAk)
  • 90% Less work after fresh install & or new User due to Hotpatch Simplicity.
  • Some Benchmark Results.
Will upload data on a post later so Rehabman can help me out if there is an issue on Hotpatching before uploading/updating.

Credits to Rehabman for providing the awesome Stuff/Data/Guides/Work for an easy hackintoshing.

Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (Update 2.0) is Live !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back