Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Thanks for the great support!
First, I have to admit that RehabMan indeed does a great job here on this forum. He surely spent time trying to make noob friendly guides. But not everyone on the forum understands programming. So when it comes to things like DSDT/SSDT patching, most of us eventually lose it.
Regarding your files, here are the results:
- The 0x0A260006 ig-platform ID doesn't work. Laptop auto-reboot after DSMOS has arrived message in verbose boot. I had to use the 0x0D220003 one; it's the ONLY ig-platform ID that actually works on this laptop. Others either cause a black (no lights) screen or an auto-reboot of the laptop. I think it has something to do with the DVMT in BIOS. There are only 256MB & 512MB options. The resolution is 1366x768 if that matters too.
- Battery Indicator stopped working (says that no battery detected)
- Audio stopped working
- Sleep still doesn't work
And a new bug: REBOOT OPTION NO LONGER WORK. Once I click on Apple>Reboot, only a blank screen (with lights and the mouse) appears. I have to force shut it down and start it again.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Make a screenshot of that page,what ID`s does your graphics card have, so that way i know that my same Platform ID should be applied but you might need a patch for DVMT.
See attachments below.

The link to that thread doesn`t seem to be working. but i since its working,thats fine.
Sorry. I accidentally added a stup!d ";". The correct link is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-t440s-clover-uefi.158369

I assume that sleep isn`t working because you are using a Desktop IG Platform ID which is wrong but since it causing issues with the correct id i can assume that it needs DVMT Pre-Allocation Patch, the Audio Codec was wrong that could`ve been too,neither battery patches weren`t applied.
I was thinking the same about the ig-platform ID and the the DVMT. Just need confirmation and eventually a fix. That said, do you know how to make such patch?
Thanks for your assistance sir. Much appreciated!

Attachments

• screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    760.6 KB · Views: 190
See attachments below.

Sorry. I accidentally added a stup!d ";". The correct link is https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-t440s-clover-uefi.158369

I was thinking the same about the ig-platform ID and the the DVMT. Just need confirmation and eventually a fix. That said, do you know how to make such patch?
Thanks for your assistance sir. Much appreciated!
You should use the IG Platform ID that i provided on the config.plist (which i will provide again with the Changes)
I also noticed that i didn't patch All the ACPI Correctly Yesterday.i did some changes now.
Test and report back with results by following the Rehabman post before my Answer " Error Reporting "
When you report back don`t touch anything
Make a copy of IOREG, Kextstat and Kextcache Output and provide same Clover Folder again.
otherwise we won`t know what the problem is or where & what to look at.
Please Read The Guide/FAQ that Rehabman posted:
"Problem Reporting"

Test with 9MB Cursor bytes patch first,if it doesn`t work disable the patch and enable the 128mb DVMT Patch,i attached a picture for you on where to enable disable (in my case clover configurator which should be easier for you).

Make sure you installed all the listed kext on previous post (into System/Library/Extensions)
if you can`t find one of them,report,i will attach the link.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    320.4 KB · Views: 124
You should use the IG Platform ID that i provided on the config.plist (which i will provide again with the Changes)
I also noticed that i didn't patch All the ACPI Correctly Yesterday.i did some changes now.
Test and report back with results by following the Rehabman post before my Answer " Error Reporting "
When you report back don`t touch anything
Make a copy of IOREG, Kextstat and Kextcache Output and provide same Clover Folder again.
otherwise we won`t know what the problem is or where & what to look at.
Please Read The Guide/FAQ that Rehabman posted:
"Problem Reporting"

Test with 9MB Cursor bytes patch first,if it doesn`t work disable the patch and enable the 128mb DVMT Patch,i attached a picture for you on where to enable disable (in my case clover configurator which should be easier for you).

Make sure you installed all the listed kext on previous post (into System/Library/Extensions)
if you can`t find one of them,report,i will attach the link.
I have attached an archive containing these files.
- The 0A260006 ig-platform ID didn't work neither with 9MB patch nor 128MB. Results are the same. Laptop reboots after DSMOS has arrived.
- Sound still broken
- Wake from sleep still not working
- Reboot & shutdown not working
- Battery keeps draining too fast.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 118
I have attached an archive containing these files.
- The 0A260006 ig-platform ID didn't work neither with 9MB patch nor 128MB. Results are the same. Laptop reboots after DSMOS has arrived.
- Sound still broken
- Wake from sleep still not working
- Reboot & shutdown not working
- Battery keeps draining too fast.

You cannot use the 128mb patch unless your BIOS setting for DVMT-prealloc matches.

You cannot use the 128mb patch unless your BIOS setting for DVMT-prealloc matches.
I have already specified that. But since Sniki asked me to test, I had to test it. Only 256MB and 512MB options are available in my Pre-allocated DVMT.
Is there a guide to make a patch for these two DVMTs ?
Thanks.

Only 256MB and 512MB options are available in my Pre-allocated DVMT.

I don't think you're looking at the right setting in your BIOS.
Note that DVMT-Size is not the same as DVMT-prealloc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back