Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 273909

This is the highlighted patch, it should be like that without the checkmark since the ones you see checkmarked are disabled.
No,you do the ioreg without XHCiMux.kext, it was my mistake on first time when i said to test with XHCImux.
YOu do the IOREG without the XHCimux.kext

Okay but i have it as enable.
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 7.18.15 PM.png

Does you camera work, do you have BCM94352z card installed/is WiFi & Bluetooth working ?
i didn't see it on ioreg so thats why im asking.

No i am using the stock wifi card but i do get bluetooth and the camera to work with your files.

No i am using the stock wifi card but i do get bluetooth and the camera to work with your files.
Ok wait, i did forget to add a patch to rename XHCI to XHC so thats why i think i didn't see them.
Will upload new files for you.
By the way: when i sent you files to test, i added all the necessary SSDTs like SSDT-PNLF and everything else into the SSDT-T440P.aml that i sent to you,don't add something else into EFI > Clover > ACPI > Patched
Did you add SSDT-PNLF.aml to EFI > Clover > ACPI > Patched ?
if you did,remove everything else and only leave SSDT-T440P.aml

Also add this patch to config.plist "XHC to XHCI"

Comment: Change XHCI to XHC
Find: 58484349
Replace: 58484300

Save the config.plist
and then reboot and send the ioreg like you did last time, i think it should work now, im sure that i annoyed you with it but im trying to fix everything for you T440P users and then create the guide from your feedbacks. so in the future everything will be covered on it.

XHCI to XHC.png

Ok wait, i did forget to add a patch to rename XHCI to XHC so thats why i think i didn't see them.
Will upload new files for you.
By the way: when i sent you files to test, i added all the necessary SSDTs like SSDT-PNLF and everything else into the SSDT-T440P.aml that i sent to you,don't add something else into EFI > Clover > ACPI > Patched
Did you add SSDT-PNLF.aml to EFI > Clover > ACPI > Patched ?
if you did,remove everything else and only leave SSDT-T440P.aml

Also add this patch to config.plist "XHC to XHCI"

Comment: Change XHCI to XHC
Find: 58484349
Replace: 58484300

Save the config.plist
and then reboot and send the ioreg like you did last time, i think it should work now, im sure that i annoyed you with it but im trying to fix everything for you T440P users and then create the guide from your feedbacks. so in the future everything will be covered on it.

View attachment 273914

All is cool with me and i am even pleased for your time and efforts. So should i add FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext back.

All is cool with me and i am even pleased for your time and efforts. So should i add FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext back.
No,just forget about FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, never use it again.
try this config.plist that i attached, i forgot also to add the Mutex patches previously so now they are included.
Here it is,it does have the XHCI to XHCI, all you have to do is just copy it into your efi/clover/ and reboot
Do the IOREG usb port capture like you did, upload here and everything should be fine this time.

Then i can move on into Battery Status/Brightness/LED Blink Fixes.

Attachments

• config.plist
    21.9 KB · Views: 193
You said the issue was intermittent, but then did not provide the other files requested (should be able to collect them on successful boot).

Use OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, not OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi.

My apologies, it isn’t so much intermittent. The error appears at a random time (in other words, I cannot specify anything specific that causes it) but once it appears, I can no longer boot without completely wiping the drive and starting from scratch.

I tried your OsxAptioFixDrv suggestion but get the same result (see attached photo). Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• BD8A4D1E-258C-43CD-8C21-C389AA840786.jpeg
    BD8A4D1E-258C-43CD-8C21-C389AA840786.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 114
No,just forget about FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, never use it again.
try this config.plist that i attached, i forgot also to add the Mutex patches previously so now they are included.
Here it is,it does have the XHCI to XHCI, all you have to do is just copy it into your efi/clover/ and reboot
Do the IOREG usb port capture like you did, upload here and everything should be fine this time.

Then i can move on into Battery Status/Brightness/LED Blink Fixes.

@Sniki Thank you, i will work on it and upload the file as soon as i can.

My apologies, it isn’t so much intermittent. The error appears at a random time (in other words, I cannot specify anything specific that causes it) but once it appears, I can no longer boot without completely wiping the drive and starting from scratch.

I tried your OsxAptioFixDrv suggestion but get the same result (see attached photo). Any other suggestions?

...also, I just found I can boot into Recovery Mode if I REMOVE Inject IntelGFX and use -f flag. Does this help with what it could be?

It could be due to kexts you installed.
I would need more details on your post-install procedures, kexts installed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back