Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the valuable feedback, Sniki!

I have completed the tasks you requested. First, I updated the BIOS settings. I then went through and determined the necessary patches using the method you suggested. This seems to have cured the issue with sleep, which is a relief!

Now, I am still having two significant issues. They are as follows;
- Backlight Adjustment not functioning. Using the Rehabman method, I can get it to work but ONLY when apply the PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU patch to the DSDT and place it in ACPI/patched WITH the generated SSDT-PNLF.aml. I am also still getting pauses on boot relating to "VID."
- Battery/Power Management not functioning. On boot I am getting A LOT of ACPI errors relating to this issue. In Sierra, a patch static patch corrected this issue. I have included the static patch in the attached archive.

I have been a little tied-up, so I need to re-read Rehabman's Hotpatch guide. I fully intend on getting to this today. In the interim, I have attached the updated files for your review. Of course, any insight you can offer is GREATLY appreciated!

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3 MB · Views: 90
Thank you for the valuable feedback, Sniki!

I have completed the tasks you requested. First, I updated the BIOS settings. I then went through and determined the necessary patches using the method you suggested. This seems to have cured the issue with sleep, which is a relief!

Now, I am still having two significant issues. They are as follows;
- Backlight Adjustment not functioning. Using the Rehabman method, I can get it to work but ONLY when apply the PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU patch to the DSDT and place it in ACPI/patched WITH the generated SSDT-PNLF.aml. I am also still getting pauses on boot relating to "VID."
- Battery/Power Management not functioning. On boot I am getting A LOT of ACPI errors relating to this issue. In Sierra, a patch static patch corrected this issue. I have included the static patch in the attached archive.

I have been a little tied-up, so I need to re-read Rehabman's Hotpatch guide. I fully intend on getting to this today. In the interim, I have attached the updated files for your review. Of course, any insight you can offer is GREATLY appreciated!
Glad that your sleep issue has been fixed.

Which SMBIOS are u using right now ?.

Those remaining issues should be fixed without too much trouble.
Will work on your files as soon as i get back home,im out of country till Sunday/Monday on summer vacation.

Glad that your sleep issue has been fixed.

Which SMBIOS are u using right now ?.

Those remaining issues should be fixed without too much trouble.
Will work on your files as soon as i get back home,im out of country till Sunday/Monday on summer vacation.

That sounds fun! Hope you are enjoying the vacation time!

The SMBIOS I am currently using is MacBookAir7,2. Since I have Broadwell, my understanding was this is the only option I should choose. Is that accurate?

That sounds fun! Hope you are enjoying the vacation time!

The SMBIOS I am currently using is MacBookAir7,2. Since I have Broadwell, my understanding was this is the only option I should choose. Is that accurate?
Go try Macbook Air 7.1 smbios or get the appropriate config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist
From rehabman laptop config plist repo on github and see which one it does detect.
It might fix your long boot issues.
Experiment with hotpatch and static with the new smbios.
Try to keep the rehabman new config file and try to only add the patches to that new plist file.

can you please share ACPI Tables freshly dumped by pressing F4 on Clover Menu
Morning! Please find original ACPI tables zipped in attachment. My BIOS version is 1.87.
Btw after BIOS mod switching laptop ON produces beeps 3 x 2 times. I didn't find any setting affecting this behaviour. Any thoughts?
For the Audio I just added 13 under devices audio in the config.plist
I just added separate HDAU and HDEF files from previous (v2.0) version of guide. Injecting 13 in config didn't work.
Then built SSDT-PNLF.aml then added that to my sorted order and brightness works fine
I did the same and regained control of brightness through System Preferences, but still can't use keyboard to control it.

UPD: I got everything working again. What I've done to get fully working machine:
  • Updated all kexts with the latest available ones
  • Updated Clover config.plist based on the one Shiki provided in v3.0 of The Guide
  • Compliled separate *.aml files from v3.0 adding Haswell identifier to SSDT-PNLF.aml (default was 0 thus not working)
  • Generated fresh Pikers Alpha CPU script instead of SSDT-PluginType1.dsl
  • Replaced SSDT-HDAU.dsl and SSDT-HDEF.dsl with the ones I used earlier from v2.0
  • Installed latest alc_fix provided in v3.0
  • Ditched SSDT-Disable_EHCI.dsl since I disabled those in BIOS
  • Ditched SSDT-TRACKPAD.dsl since I have default L440 touchpad
Thank you Shiki for patience and your hard work. I am fully satisfied with L440 Hackinotsh for now. I think I'll check back again when High Sierra comes out of beta.

Attachments

• original_v1.87.zip
    45.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
One question:

What is the difference between using this audio kext and the clover hda?

One question:

What is the difference between using this audio kext and the clover hda?
This audio kext is a clover hda (audio injector) as well, it is patched from my codec dump now so it is patched for L440,now external microphones via combo jack works,everytime whether you plug and unplug it, sleep or wake it.
Fully functional.

This audio kext is a clover hda (audio injector) as well, it is patched from my codec dump now so it is patched for L440,now external microphones via combo jack works,everytime whether you plug and unplug it, sleep or wake it.
Fully functional.
I created a thread because I cant import the LayoutID by any method other than clover ....

Thanks sniki for all the hard work.
Having the same issues with audio and brightness with the single SSDT-L440.aml
For the Audio I just added 13 under devices audio in the config.plist.
As for brightness I removed SSDT-PNLF.dsl from SSDT-L440.dsl built SSDT-L440.aml Then built SSDT-PNLF.aml then added that to my sorted order and brightness works fine added individually but not as one.

In t440s have same problem with HDEF inject...only works with clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back