Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Sniki I think I implement 100% PM of my T440s, thanks to the help of @RehabMan . I have some curiosity to see how your AppleIntelInfo looks since the hardware is very similar to mine. Another question to you the intel power gadget works well or this bug in turbo boost?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

Tutorial

Thank you.

Ok i will do some AppleIntelInfo testing for you,Never used or tested with Intel Power Gadget.
To be honest my Laptop is scoring on GeekBench much higher than on Windows (+10%) better score in both single and mutli core + OpenCL (i guess all as a result of Patch Perfection thanks to Rehabman for making this possible to us).
About native Power Management did you use the SSDT or you Implemented with Plugin-Type 1 ?

i also Plan to update my Guide tomorrow since its been planned so long but i was very busy and was waiting for a few fixes but i guess they will take some more time so i will leave them for another Update.(Perfect audio,Card Reader,3sec Wake from Sleep Freeze)
ACPI is now Perfectly Patched (Based on Latest/Current ACPI Patching ERA)-Hotpatch #include method thanks to Rehabman (his NUC Repo).
Chunked down a lot of Useless code from my SSDT's,Unnecessary Patches/Code/Fixes and added some missing ones.

Scheduled for a Future Update:

- Audio: almost perfectly Patched,we will have a perfect Patch soon thanks to InsanelyDeepak, we are very close now.
everything works fine now,only if you sleep laptop with EarPods connected,when you wake laptop as Internal Mic instead of Line-In,a simple fast unplug of headphones and plug again,Line-In shows up.
Getting fixed soon.
- Card Reader: its currently working fine with the Latest Beta of Sinetek-RKS kext but the kext stops working if laptop sleeps,waiting for him for the official release where Sleep issue gets fixed so the kexts works even after wake from sleep
- 3sec Freeze after wake from Sleep: Waiting for my MiniDP Adapter to arrive since the one i have is not working,i saw that some cables are detached from the connector so i cannot provide data till i receive the new one.

Stay Tuned,Enjoy your Hackintosh !

i also Plan to update my Guide tomorrow
Thank you Shiki! I was patiently waiting for this. Currently with v2.0 of guide system is very stable.
In the last month I only had couple of hangs (when watching movie in VLC) and once my trackpad froze after sleep.
Audio: almost perfectly Patched
Couldn't agree more. I mostly use my system for audio production and DJing. It's been a smooth experience since 2.0.
Also after unlocking bios and disabling EH01/02 USB ports behave flawlessly. My controllers are happy and so am I.
Scheduled for a Future Update
Looking ahead, what are your thoughts on High Sierra on L440? Is there a prospect of getting it as smooth as Sierra?

Ok i will do some AppleIntelInfo testing for you,Never used or tested with Intel Power Gadget.
To be honest my Laptop is scoring on GeekBench much higher than on Windows (+10%) better score in both single and mutli core + OpenCL (i guess all as a result of Patch Perfection thanks to Rehabman for making this possible to us).
About native Power Management did you use the SSDT or you Implemented with Plugin-Type 1 ?

i also Plan to update my Guide tomorrow since its been planned so long but i was very busy and was waiting for a few fixes but i guess they will take some more time so i will leave them for another Update.(Perfect audio,Card Reader,3sec Wake from Sleep Freeze)
ACPI is now Perfectly Patched (Based on Latest/Current ACPI Patching ERA)-Hotpatch #include method thanks to Rehabman (his NUC Repo).
Chunked down a lot of Useless code from my SSDT's,Unnecessary Patches/Code/Fixes and added some missing ones.

Scheduled for a Future Update:

- Audio: almost perfectly Patched,we will have a perfect Patch soon thanks to InsanelyDeepak, we are very close now.
everything works fine now,only if you sleep laptop with EarPods connected,when you wake laptop as Internal Mic instead of Line-In,a simple fast unplug of headphones and plug again,Line-In shows up.
Getting fixed soon.
- Card Reader: its currently working fine with the Latest Beta of Sinetek-RKS kext but the kext stops working if laptop sleeps,waiting for him for the official release where Sleep issue gets fixed so the kexts works even after wake from sleep

Stay Tuned,Enjoy your Hackintosh !

Looking forward to seeing what this new patch looks , with your permission I will use it to improve my future guide.

3sec Freeze after wake from Sleep: Waiting for my MiniDP Adapter to arrive since the one i have is not working,i saw that some cables are detached from the connector so i cannot provide data till i receive the new one.

I will test this on my t440s and feedback.

Thank you Shiki! I was patiently waiting for this. Currently with v2.0 of guide system is very stable.
In the last month I only had couple of hangs (when watching movie in VLC) and once my trackpad froze after sleep.

Uploading the files on Github right now..
It will be way much smoother now with the new files,added some missing patches that were necessary,removed a lot of junk/unnecessary code/patches/fixes. so overall cleaner,more stable,better performance. ACPI is perfectly patched by latest patching method with Hotpatch #include method.
Kexts have been updated by many versions since the last update so they should improve everything overall.

Couldn't agree more. I mostly use my system for audio production and DJing. It's been a smooth experience since 2.0.
Also after unlocking bios and disabling EH01/02 USB ports behave flawlessly. My controllers are happy and so am I.

So far audio has been my biggest issue,with External Mic via Combo Jack, we finally fixed it,just taking care of a small left bug and it will be perfectly patched by next days (this early week) hopefully.(thanks to InsanelyDeepak).
Yes that unlocked bios simplifies the whole process by a lot.

Looking ahead, what are your thoughts on High Sierra on L440? Is there a prospect of getting it as smooth as Sierra?

Well High Sierra as far as i tested it out its looking very promising and way much stable than sierra used to be on the beginning.
We have almost no Bugs that appear to take time to be fixed, i see that only battery status doesn't update percentage,like i unplug from adapter i use laptop for 30min, and pecentage stays at 100% unless you go click on it (show percentage) then it updates on what current percentage is.

im sure it will be fixed by next High Sierra betas or by a ACPIBatteryManager.kext update.

Other than that,Hackintosh wise,its perfect update,even current state on sierra is update proof for High Sierra with a simple VoodooPS2Controller edit mentioned on my topic on High Sierra Status Update:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-hackintosh-status-lenovo-thinkpad-l440.226026/

Github link?

Github link?
im new to Github so it will take me more time to complete it there,i guess i will make the switch to github on next update and hopefully make an installation script where everything will be installed on its proper directory with 1-3 Terminal Commands.
and Yesterday.... i did fall a sleep on the front of my Laptop because i was very tired,i just started editing the guide it will be ready after an hour or so.

Hi Everyone !

First of all sorry for taking so long,it really was supposed to be updated way earlier than this but life has been pretty busy recently & Thank you for your Patience.

Guide has been Updated to v3.0 Finally.

Its a major Update so i would recommend everyone to update since the process is very easy and won't take long to update the current installation that you have.

Enjoy your Improved L440's :thumbup:

BTW some pictures are showing as view attachment only and not appearing as full image on the first topic (the guide) so any tip from someone or mods will be appreciated.

Have a happy Hackintoshing Everyone.

What patches have your battery powered?

What patches have your battery powered?
My Laptop L440 doesn't need battery patches, since my DSDT has no multibyte EC fields, and therefore no battery patches needed.
Since yosemite,battery status did always work fine for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back