Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

May be other factors:
- unsupported PCIe devices without drivers (therefore not running in a low power state). I think I see unsupported WiFi and a card reader
- serial port enabled, but probably not needed
- brightness set high
- USB not implemented correctly (for example, you have EHCI controllers enabled, although they seem to be unused)
- could be background processes using CPU resources (check Activity Monitor)
- USB WiFi tends to not be power efficient
- FakeSMC sensors are not efficient
- Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (see FAQ)
hi there.

How do i disable the wifi and card reader? I'm using a nano wifi adapter.
How do i disable the ehci controllers?

Lastly mini display port to hdmi works fine with display, but there is no audio on the hdmi

Thanks for the help and assistance!

Last edited:
hi there.

How do i disable the wifi and card reader? I'm using a nano wifi adapter.
How do i disable the ehci controllers?

Lastly mini display port to hdmi works fine with display, but there is no audio on the hdmi

Thanks for the help and assistance!

USB WiFi not recommended. It tends to cause instability, especially with sleep. And they are not power efficient.
Install supported PCIe WiFi card.

HDMI/DP audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Disabling EHCI is covered in the USBInjectAll.kext guide (also linked from the FAQ).

USB WiFi not recommended. It tends to cause instability, especially with sleep. And they are not power efficient.
Install supported PCIe WiFi card.

HDMI/DP audio guide is linked from the FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Disabling EHCI is covered in the USBInjectAll.kext guide (also linked from the FAQ).
ok i'll try them out first.

I have no choice for the WIFI as it requires bios mod to enable it to accept other wifi hardware. Thanks for the help! will ask you more questions if i face anymore problem

I have no choice for the WIFI as it requires bios mod to enable it to accept other wifi hardware.

Suggestion: do the BIOS mod.

Hello.
I am looking for bios mod (1.87) files and bios chips on the laptop
I can not find them.

You dump your bios send it to the forum,someone patches it for you and PM's it to you,erase the chip,flash the modded bin and enjoy.
Head over to: bios-mods.com to do the mod.
I will attach a picture of the BIOS chip in motherboard tonight after i get back home from work.you can also easily find it on google.
Do a bit of research.

Because I come from China, so do not know how to use Google. About the BIOS chip on the motherboard.

Thanks for the help, I have used Hackintosh.

Every Laptop/desktop bios has Unique (Personal Data) like Hardware ID,Mac Addresses, Devices, Licences,etc

No one can upload their own modded bios since it will include their personal data.
It would've been much easier for me to Upload the Mod so everyone can flash the Mod and remove those stupid Lenovo Restrictions.

Do some research, we were able to do it,you can too.

Good Luck !

Here i found the bios picture when i modded it i made a picture,the chip on the photo is the Bios Chip.
IMG_20161123_180707.jpg

Good luck

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back