Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might not be accurate at all but thats all I could've done till that point.

Accuracy is important.
Check each one as to how it is defined in native ACPI to make sure you have the ACPI path and type correct.

Well I'm not sure how do i fix those with Xcode, a few hints would be appreciated.

Xcode has the ability to adjust indentation of a selection (command+[ and command+])
Also if you paste a chunk of code, it will automatically format/indent it (based on open/close braces).

About Declarations I added them until the compiler said no errors left, removing a single one pops the error xxx does not exist
So that's why I added all of these.
They might not be accurate at all but thats all I could've done till that point.

About "requires access to native ACPI files" you are referring to how the externals should be right ?

Well I'm not sure how do i fix those with Xcode, a few hints would be appreciated.

I did a little cleanup on your SSDT-BAT.dsl. It is attached.
I made a few guesses regarding missing and incorrect External types as well.
No more errors upon disassembly.

You can compare it to your original to see what I changed/fixed.

Attachments

• SSDT-BAT.dsl.zip
    4 KB · Views: 64
Accuracy is important.
Check each one as to how it is defined in native ACPI to make sure you have the ACPI path and type correct.

Ok got it, most of them should be names and not external (as they are on native ACPI) for example:
Code:
name(SPS, 0x00)
And errors start dissapearing.
Also lets say if a "object does not exist (SNIKI)" lets say is showing as an error and when i search for that on DSDT it shows that its a:
Code:
Offset(0xYA)
Sniki, 8,
Question/Clarification here comes as:
- should i add it on SSDT-BAT as External(Sniki, FieldUnitObj) or
- i should copy their OperationRegion and add these offsets there too ?
Xcode has the ability to adjust indentation of a selection (command+[ and command+])
Also if you paste a chunk of code, it will automatically format/indent it (based on open/close braces).
Will need to learn xcode for some more.

Attachments

• SSDT-T440P.aml
    8.5 KB · Views: 95
i didn't have that issue while i was on Sierra so it has to be wrong kext that i uploaded on the guide or wrong alc_fix.
i have the perfect working one on my email conversation with InsanelyDeepak during complete fixing progress that we did.
I just came home and i will browse till i find the perfect working one.

As soon as i find it,will let you both know and update the file on the guide.
Hi @Sniki i am on L440 and having the same problem as him. Do let me know if it's updated.

Anyway is the high Sierra stable enough for a daily os usage on l440?? if so i might change to that once the beta is over :)

Last edited:
Hi @Sniki i am on L440 and having the same problem as him. Do let me know if it's updated.

Anyway is the high Sierra stable enough for a daily os usage on l440?? if so i might change to that once the beta is over :)
As soon as it get’s fixed i will upload it here.

Im already on High Sierra and no known issues for me so far, didn’t have time to search for issues though but so far im using it as my daily driver so i guess since im not suffering from any known bug it should be fine.
Seems ok to me.

@godwayne305 Test this one.

Report back with results.

Boot error
390b3a9e-707a-44bb-aff9-2f4d4f0523ce.jpg c0c10500-65c2-4c16-b422-383ae85893e7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back