Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad L440 (v3.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about that, I have edited it.
Why don't you take a screenshot on verbose mode while using the correct igplatform id (the one i attached and that it should work with.
So that way we can maybe have an idea what's causing that issue.

Also that picture you attached:
thats graphics memory not DVMT
I only got that option after editing bios (unlocking advanced menu).
But mine worked even with 32mb so i dont see a reason why it wouldn't because of dvmt since its same gpu and same gen.

Why don't you take a screenshot on verbose mode while using the correct igplatform id (the one i attached and that it should work with.
So that way we can maybe have an idea what's causing that issue.

Also that picture you attached:
thats graphics memory not DVMT
I only got that option after editing bios (unlocking advanced menu).
But mine worked even with 32mb so i dont see a reason why it wouldn't because of dvmt since its same gpu and same gen.
This option appeared after I installed the latest bios update. It's not a modded bios, even though I'd really liked that because I want a compatible network card.
And how am I exactly supposed to take a screenshot if the laptop directly reboot itself?
Thanks anyway for your all help. I will probably remove this installation and just forget about it because there are too much problems.

This option appeared after I installed the latest bios update. It's not a modded bios, even though I'd really liked that because I want a compatible network card.
And how am I exactly supposed to take a screenshot if the laptop directly reboot itself?
Thanks anyway for your all help. I will probably remove this installation and just forget about it because there are too much problems.
Just the DSMOS part that you mentioned,take a picture with your phone or something,so we can see what is causing the issue.
i understand but that is not the DVMT Memory its just the Graphics Memory.
As you wish,fixing stuff requires dedication and patience or else you can`t succeed and no problem,thats what we are here: to help.

Just the DSMOS part that you mentioned,take a picture with your phone or something,so we can see what is causing the issue.
i understand but that is not the DVMT Memory its just the Graphics Memory.
As you wish,fixing stuff requires dedication and patience or else you can`t succeed and no problem,thats what we are here: to help.
I recorded it. I'm uploading the entire video on youtube. But here is the screenshot first.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    977.7 KB · Views: 123
I'm not sure if I really know what's the difference. But thanks for clarifying it.

They are just two different settings for the IGPU...

I don't honestly know what to say at this point other than trying to make a clean install by following RehabMan guide posted also on my guide and follow my guide exactly till you reach desktop, after that you try the files i uploaded for you.

Maybe RehabMan can take a look at your ACPI that i patched and the verbose screen and see if there's something unusual.
Are you using latest FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Graphics,where did you download it ?
Try downloading latest prebuilt kexts from:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

And give it another shot,if it doesn't work,like i said try a clean install,i don't think that your system is cleaned from previous kexts and edits that you tried by yourself and they might be causing issues.

Last edited:
I don't honestly know what to say at this point other than trying to make a clean install by following RehabMan guide posted also on my guide and follow my guide exactly till you reach desktop, after that you try the files i uploaded for you.

Maybe RehabMan can take a look at your ACPI that i patched and the verbose screen and see if there's something unusual.
Are you using latest FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Graphics,where did you download it ?
Try downloading latest prebuilt kexts from:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/

And give it another shot,if it doesn't work,like i said try a clean install,i don't think that your system is cleaned from previous kexts and edits that you tried by yourself and they might be causing issues.
No problem. I usually download the kexts from RehabMan's bitbucket.
The strange thing is that I even tried a config.plist from someone having a T540p (with a slightly different hardware though); the laptop ig-platform ID still didn't work. I am almost sure that it has something to do with the updated BIOS. I wish I hadn't updated it. I will let you know once I finish reinstalling.

No problem. I usually download the kexts from RehabMan's bitbucket.
The strange thing is that I even tried a config.plist from someone having a T540p (with a slightly different hardware though); the laptop ig-platform ID still didn't work. I am almost sure that it has something to do with the updated BIOS. I wish I hadn't updated it. I will let you know once I finish reinstalling.
U can rollback to the previous bios version at anytime,just disable rollback execution prevention on bios and flash previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back