Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad E550 (Haswell) using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Error 6092 - Could not open file "build/SSDT-XOSI.pre" (Preprocessor Output) - No such file or directory

Probably your ./build directory has incorrect permissions (used 'sudo' at the wrong time and ./build ended up with root owner).

Last edited:
Broadwell E550 needs different graphics configuration and is not supported by this guide, you might need to experiment on your own.
Yeah, I've got the Broadwell at least running, although not particularly well, but I know it's outside of the scope of this guide.

As for the error I'm not really sure, try reinstalling iasl and MaciASL.app

I'll give it a shot. Any chance you have a list of the patches that need to be installed manually?

Any chance you have a list of the patches that need to be installed manually?
Read post #1 well and refer to the repo linked in post #1 and you should know the patches that are applied in this guide.

Probably your ./build directory has incorrect permissions (used 'sudo' at the wrong time and ./build ended up with root owner).

I'm pretty I just did a straight copy and paste, but that does seem like a strong possibility, it felt like a permissions problem, so I threw a sudo on the make command, I'll check permissions.

Read post #1 well and refer to the repo linked in post #1 and you should know the patches that are applied in this guide.

Ok, I'll give it a look and give that a shot if I can't get it sorted. Thanks!

This was after it failed the first time, I wasn't just throwing them in randomly.

You probably used sudo when it wasn't needed earlier, which messed up the permissions of the build directory...
sudo is only needed in the cases as identified in post #1.

I chmod'd everything, no dice. Then I rm -r the Projects folder and redid it. Only time I entered password was when the script required sudo. Same problem. Then I just ran "mkdir build" to see if it make a difference and reran the make commands and everything processed fine. So I'm not sure why that step was necessary, but it doesn't seem to have to do with permissions or having accidentally slipped an SU in anywhere.

I chmod'd everything, no dice. Then I rm -r the Projects folder and redid it. Only time I entered password was when the script required sudo. Same problem. Then I just ran "mkdir build" to see if it make a difference and reran the make commands and everything processed fine. So I'm not sure why that step was necessary, but it doesn't seem to have to do with permissions or having accidentally slipped an SU in anywhere.

It is a mistake in repo provided by @the-braveknight.
The 'build' directory is missing (it is why my repos [which this one is based from] all have a readme.txt there)

It is a mistake in repo provided by @the-braveknight.
The 'build' directory is missing (it is why my repos [which this one is based from] all have a readme.txt there)
Oh... I'll fix it when I have time soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back