i5-8500T
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Lenovo ThinkPad Edge 130 / NZU37HV (335837G)
Mountain Lion 10.8.3 Installation Guide
Last Modification: 05/29/2013

-- MY SETUP --
Intel Core i3 1.4 Ghz (2367M) CPU
HD 3000 Graphics
500GB WD Hard Drive
Intel Centrino 2230 Wifi + BT (Swapped to Atheros AR5B93* works OOB)
* Requires "No Whitelist" modification for Bios (bios-mods.com can do it for you.)
Synaptics Multitouch Trackpad (Max. 2 finger gestures)
1xUSB2.0 Port
2xUSB3.0 Ports
HDMI Out
ALC269 sound

-- WHAT IS WORKING --
- SpeedStep (8x and 14x)
- Graphics with full support QE/CI, full resolution, detected 384mb
- Trackpad (2 finger horizontal and vertical scroll, 1 and 2 finger tap)
- Trackpoint with scrolling
- HDMI Video
- AirPlay
- USB 3.0 at full speed, also USB 2.0 devices work in USB 3.0 ports
- WebCam
- LAN
- App Store
- Photo Booth
- Facetime
- iMessage
- Sound
- Microphone
- Lid Sleep / Sleep / Shutdown / Restart
- Battery charging / Time remaining
- Hotkeys for sound level and brightness change
- Hotkeys for Play, Pause, Next, Previous for iTunes

-- NOT WORKING --
- HDMI Audio (listed in devices but not working)
- DSUB
- PCIE Card Reader (RTS5208)

-- STEP 1 --
Update your BIOS to the latest version 2.51

In BIOS set the following:
Config/USB/USB 3.0 - ENABLE (select DISABLE if you need more than 1 USB when installing)
Config/Serial ATA (SATA) to AHCI
Security/Memory Protection/Execution Prevention - Enable
Security/I/O Port Access - All Enable
Startup/UEFI,Legacy Boot - UEFI First

Leave other options in BIOS on default.

-- STEP 2 --
Download newest version Unibeast for Mountain Lion (currently version 1.7.0) and make a bootable pendrive with laptop support from ML what you downloaded from the App Store.

Insert bootable pendrive into the right side USB port, next to AC connector, at ThinkPad logo press FN+F12 to enter boot menu and select your pendrive..

Boot with kernel flags: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No

In disk Utility make partitions to your liking, choose GPT partition. The HDD is advanced formated, so we have to apply a fix otherwise later we cannot boot from the HDD. After you finished partitioning, unmount the HDD. Launch terminal and use the following command: dd if="<path>/boot1h" of=/dev/disk0s2 (if you install OS X to first partition) Exit terminal app and go back to Disk Utility and mount your install drive, after this exit Disk Utility and start installing OS X.

-- STEP 3 --
Boot again from your UniBeast pendrive with kernel flags: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No
After successful installation and bootup, insert / correct appropriate HD3000 Device ID to S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (mine is 0x01168086), repair permissions with Kext Utility or Kext Wizard. You have to do this, because the original kext has a typo, it is only 01168086 without 0x, and you won't have QE/CI even if you install the Intel Graphics Patch.

Run Multibeast for Mountain Lion (currently version 5.3.0) and select the following options:

- User DSDT / DSDT Free install
- Patched AppleIntellICPUPowermanagement
- PS2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads
- MacBook Pro 8,1 System Definition
- Intel Graphics Patch for Mixed Configurations (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext patch)
- FakeSMC 5.1.61 + all plugins and HWMonitor app
- Realtek LNXMac's RealtekRTL81xx

BEFORE rebooting, backup and delete the following from S/L/E

- AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- AppleHDA.kext

Run Kext Wizard and install following kexts from the zip attached to this post. (e130-pack.zip)

- AppleHDA.kext
- AppleACPIPlatform.kext
- VoodooBattery.kext
- VoodooPS2Controller.kext (ALSO READ INSTALL HOWTO IN STEP 4!)
- VoodooHDA.kext
- Sleepenabler.kext
- Facetime.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Copy DSDT.aml to /Extra directory (this will prevent the laptop to wake from sleep because of XHCI EHC1 EHC2… etc)

REBOOT (you can unplug the pendrive now and should be able to boot of internal HDD.)

-- STEP 4 --
Let's install Voodoo2PS2Controller. This will solve the "no trackpad" problem after sleep-wake and trackpad freeze when connecting HDMI device.

- Delete from S/L/E ApplePS2Controller.kext and AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. It is very important to delete all two kexts, because if you don't, you will have Kernel Panic on boot.
- *Copy org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist to /Library/LaunchDaemons
* sudo cp org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.Daemon.plist /Library/LaunchDaemons
- *Copy VoodooPS2Daemon to /usr/bin
* sudo cp VoodooPS2Daemon /usr/bin

To get microphone working launch from System Preferences the AppleHDA panel, and adjust slider.

To get USB 3.0 working at full speed, and get WebCam working too, edit in your Extra folder the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file.
Insert to Kernel Flags afterdarkwake=0 gux_defer_usb2
(Verify in BIOS -> Config/USB/USB 3.0 is set to ENABLE)

REBOOT

After this you should have working USB 3.0 at full speed, USB 3.0 ports accept USB 2.0 devices too, and WebCam will work again..

Enjoy :)

View attachment e130-pack.zip

Attachments

• e130-pack-2.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 648
dd if="<path>/boot1h" of=/dev/disk0s2

Hi,
I'm stuck at this part. Terminal always says "no such file or directory". Where do you put the boot1h and what do you us as "path"?

dd if="<path>/boot1h" of=/dev/disk0s2

Hi,
I'm stuck at this part. Terminal always says "no such file or directory". Where do you put the boot1h and what do you us as "path"?

<path> is the path :) where you placed the boot1h file. If you put on your pendrive which volume label is pendrive, then your path looks like this: /Volumes/pendrive

Case sensitive!

Hope i could help you :)

Yay!!!

Great! Thanks alot...I probably need your help later on...

Ok....I need more help..

"After successful installation and bootup, insert / correct appropriate HD3000 Device ID to S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (mine is 0x01168086), repair permissions with Kext Utility or Kext Wizard. You have to do this, because the original kext has a typo, it is only 01168086 without 0x, and you won't have QE/CI even if you install the Intel Graphics Patch."

How do I do that?

- AppleHDA.kext is missing in the e130-pack.zip

So far thank you very much for your help!

I attached to the first post a e130-pack-2.zip. Download and unpack it. Install the two kexts with Kext Utility.

I think applehda is not needed, only voodoohda is required.

I've run into quite a bit of trouble. First...I got the E130 with Pentium 977, no i3.

Installation of OS X works fine, I can create a User and even get to the Desktop as long as I boot from my Pendrive with flags "-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No". I even have native resolution 1366x768 and System Profiler shows Macbook Pro 8,1 512mb HD 3000 Graphics, Ethernet.

But no matter how I continue with your instructions, as soon as I run Multibeast with the recommended settings the system crashes on restart with a kernel panic. Do you have any idea which step I should try first before I check all the multibeast stuff?

Is there any way to revert the multibeast settings without re-installation? (I reinstalled OS X about 5 times now....argh...)

Thanks for your help!

Hey thexsenator just curious if you've since upgraded to Yosemite or Clover and have any tips?

I succesfully installed Maverick thanks this guide, with some changes, but i have still some problems:
- 3D Graphics not working, but worked once - Unigine Heaven runed, i did multiple installs - problems could be, that multibeast is for 4000 and 6x chipset not for 7x chipset presented in E130
- trackpoint not working at all
- touchpad right mouse button not working
- wifi - there realy inst way how to enable intel Wifi?

BIOS 2.55, i cant downgrade it, i cant mod it, mod bios not working for UEFI ones.

BIOS settings:
- simply all enabled, expect UEFI, which i dont like // Probably it doesnt matters
- USB, Hyperthreading, powerstates, virtualization

Do not delete
ApplePS2* - its booting with it and without it, even keyboard not working, if Vooodoo P inst installed

I succesfully installed Maverick thanks this guide, with some changes, but i have still some problems:
- 3D Graphics not working, but worked once - Unigine Heaven runed, i did multiple installs
- trackpint not working at all
- touchpad right mouse button not working
- wifi - there realy inst way how to enable intel Wifi?

BIOS 2.55, i cant downgrade it, i cant mod it, mod bios not working for UEFI ones.

BIOS settings:
- simply all enabled
- USB, Hyperthreading, powerstates, virtualization

You should look at some updated info...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back