Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T460 Hackintosh 10.11 & Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed El Capitan on my T460s (i5-6200u, 4GB RAM, HD 520 graphics, 2560x1440 screen). I had to inject intel gfx and use fakeid = 0x12345678 to boot the installer. However, I am not able to boot without either injection or just injection and no fakeid. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Edit: My wording is confusing. Here is what I've tried:

Injection + fake ID --> works
Injection + no fake ID (or 0x0) --> does not work

ig-platform-id is 0x19160000, unchanged from OP's package.

Last edited:
I installed El Capitan on my T460s (i5-6200u, 4GB RAM, HD 520 graphics, 2560x1440 screen). I had to inject intel gfx and use fakeid = 0x12345678 to boot the installer. However, I am not able to boot without either injection or just injection and no fakeid. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong?

Edit: My wording is confusing. Here is what I've tried:

Injection + fake ID --> works
Injection + no fake ID (or 0x0) --> does not work

ig-platform-id is 0x19160000, unchanged from OP's package.

No idea without hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

No idea without hardware details...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Details added to signature.

Did you set DVMT-prealloc as mentioned in the FAQ?
Define "does not work".

The Lenovo BIOS does not allow DVMT prealloc to be changed in the BIOS. From reading this thread and the one on the other forum it will not allow editing via UEFI shell either. I am looking into how to change it via Linux efivars but I am not sure what to do.

Not working meant it would give me a blank screen before it reaches the login screen and reboot. I tried installing the IOkit pixel clock patch and it boots now with no transparency. The big issue for me is that scaling results in a flashing screen after reboot, making it unusable. It does not have this problem at 1440p, but the text is way too small to use.

Any ideas?

This is what I'm seeing after reboot after changing the scaling to 1600x900 (from 2560x1400 native).

The Lenovo BIOS does not allow DVMT prealloc to be changed in the BIOS. From reading this thread and the one on the other forum it will not allow editing via UEFI shell either. I am looking into how to change it via Linux efivars but I am not sure what to do.

Not working meant it would give me a blank screen before it reaches the login screen and reboot. I tried installing the IOkit pixel clock patch and it boots now with no transparency. The big issue for me is that scaling results in a flashing screen after reboot, making it unusable. It does not have this problem at 1440p, but the text is way too small to use.

Any ideas?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Please find attached a zip file containing the output of the commands and IOREG. appleintelcpu and applehda didn't show up in kextstat.

Attachments

• outputs.zip
    372.5 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back