Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Guess I didn't make myself clear in my previous post. There is no obvious way to paste the code posted in the OP using PlistPro. I open the config.plist in PlistPro, then what? Where do I paste the code in this program? This is not explained well (or frankly at all).

What do I do staring after this: http://imgur.com/7NWEhju.? At least with a text editor I can add it manually (I did boot the installer and got to the screen, but I have to patch DSDT, but it booted at least).

Last edited:
Guess I didn't make myself clear in my previous post. There is no obvious way to paste the code posted in the OP using PlistPro. I open the config.plist in PlistPro, then what? Where do I paste the code in this program? This is not explained well (or frankly at all).

What do I do staring after this: http://imgur.com/7NWEhju.? At least with a text editor I can add it manually (I did boot the installer and got to the screen, but I have to patch DSDT, but it booted at least).

When people provide XML instead of a plist attachment, you have no choice but to use a text editor or a combo editor (such as PlistEdit Pro). At least with PlistEdit Pro, you will get an error if you do the paste to the wrong location.

When people provide XML instead of a plist attachment, you have no choice but to use a text editor or a combo editor (such as PlistEdit Pro). At least with PlistEdit Pro, you will get an error if you do the paste to the wrong location.

Yes I understand that. What Ive been trying to say is that the OP has a large chunk of code for the plist, and I do not see how Im supposed to paste that using PlistPro. With Brackets I go to where I think its supposed to be pasted (see the imgur link I posted). With PlistPro I launch the app and then what? How do I paste code inside PListPro?

Anyway I followed the Clover guide to the letter. Created a USB installer for Sierra, edited the hd4400 plist version with the code supplied from the OP. I added all the kexts listed in the OP. Booted to Clover and did an F4 dump to get DSDT/SSDT. Went back to my Mac Mini and decompiled via IASL/Refs.txt etc.

I've never patched DSDT before but MacIASL was easy to work with. Following the OP I did each patch in order (probly not needed but easier for me to follow). I would do one patch, compile, check for errors then move on to the next. I did get errors when doing the remove WMI the first time, then half the errors doing it the second time, then no errors doing it a third time. Not sure if thats normal.

I *think* I did manual fixes correctly. I would add the code then compile and got no errors so I assume it went thru ok. Same with manual patches. Saved the DSDT in the format needed and placed in /patched on the USB. However Im confused about SSDT. Im still reading thru the DSDT/SSDT guide, but Im confused on SSDTs. I applied all the fixes/patches to DSDT, so Im confused as to what to do with the SSDTs. I opened some in Maciasl to see what they did, 1 had a bunch of references to backlight control so I do I apply backlight control patch/fix to that SSDT, then to get function keys working I need to find the SSDT that handles that and applies FN key fixes?

I did a test install with only the DDST patched and while I got to the desktop (with glitches during boot/login screen) it did work. Graphics seemed to be smooth but virtually nothing else worked. No FN keys, sleep/wake etc. So it seems Im not too far from a working hackintosh t440s. Seems DSDT/SSDT is where Im having a lot of issues mostly just from understanding the process (and before its mentioned, YES Im reading the FAQ.).

Yes I understand that. What Ive been trying to say is that the OP has a large chunk of code for the plist, and I do not see how Im supposed to paste that using PlistPro. With Brackets I go to where I think its supposed to be pasted (see the imgur link I posted). With PlistPro I launch the app and then what? How do I paste code inside PListPro?

PlistEdit Pro has the XML tree at the top and text editor at the bottom. You can insert text directly in the lower section.

Following the OP I did each patch in order (probly not needed but easier for me to follow).

Some patches are order dependent...

but Im confused on SSDTs. I applied all the fixes/patches to DSDT, so Im confused as to what to do with the SSDTs. I opened some in Maciasl to see what they did, 1 had a bunch of references to backlight control so I do I apply backlight control patch/fix to that SSDT, then to get function keys working I need to find the SSDT that handles that and applies FN key fixes?

It depends on the patches you applied to DSDT. Renames must be applied equally across DSDT+SSDTs that reference the renamed symbol.

I did a test install with only the DDST patched and while I got to the desktop (with glitches during boot/login screen) it did work. Graphics seemed to be smooth but virtually nothing else worked. No FN keys, sleep/wake etc. So it seems Im not too far from a working hackintosh t440s. Seems DSDT/SSDT is where Im having a lot of issues mostly just from understanding the process (and before its mentioned, YES Im reading the FAQ.).

Keep in mind config.plist settings that go along with patching ACPI (DropOem and SortedOrder).

After setup on sierra with correct SSDT+DSDT, sleep started working correctly. However the system doesn't hibernate which leads to significant battery loss. I checked "hibernatemode" and it's set to 3. I've done some reading and, from what I understand, Sierra only supports 0,1,3, & 25. Has anyone had success with hibernatemode 25?

I understand the repercussions 25 may have on my SSD, but I would honestly prefer the battery life over file corruption over time.

Thanks for the help Rehabman!
Did you ever get a fully functioning plist? Or did you switch to Voodoo?

I'm on Voodoo now and it works great, the only thing I miss are the back and forward 2-finger swipe shortcuts on safari and zoom. If you have those working I'd love to see your updated plist.

nop, never got it working smoothly with the swipes. after getting frustrated by some bugs i switched from smarttouchpad ps2 to tluck's voodoops2 fork -> https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller . had random annoying touchpad crashes with the smarttouchpad driver after configuring the scrollingspeeds, which forced me to restart often.
works much more stable, with scrolling and 3 finger swipes in every direction. i'm using 3 fingers up as "back" in safari. otherwise only some minor difficulties: 2 finger rightclick is repeatedly interpreted as left click. trackpoint doesn't work (but i never used it anyway).

I updated the card to the Dell dw1650 and got the wifi to work but for the Bluetooth, it doesn't work and doesn't even show up in the system report, I understand that I may have to do some USB tinkering but I'm not sure where to start even reading the thread about it. Not sure which one to select and use. Any help would be appreciated.

I updated the card to the Dell dw1650 and got the wifi to work but for the Bluetooth, it doesn't work and doesn't even show up in the system report, I understand that I may have to do some USB tinkering but I'm not sure where to start even reading the thread about it. Not sure which one to select and use. Any help would be appreciated.

What version of OS X are you running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back