Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T440s Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly not... I never got to flash the BIOS because the WinPE USB stick I tried to use would not boot.

I pulled the stick out, then wanted to reboot back to OSX, but then the boot-looping started.

As I was saying, if I remove FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, it boots, albeit with no graphics acceleration.

PS.. in the initial post, and other posts here, the procedure talks about the specific FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext

Is that still available? I cannot find it. I could only find FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Could that be the issue?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hi Rehabman... I've got to go away interstate for my work for a week, I'll get file outputs together then.
I might also try to do this again from scratch.

I'm just perplexed why graphics got screwed up, and I'm not sure why, and whatever I do, I can't get acceleration working.
I've got so many versions of config.plist now I can't remember which was what. I guess the take home message from that is, once the system does work smooth, back up the Clover folder.

Anyhow, just back to one of my other questions... the guide in Post#1 talks about a specific kext called:
FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
In your repository, I could only find
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Would that for some reason be a factor?
Is FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext still available for download?

Appreciate your comments so far.

Hi Rehabman... I've got to go away interstate for my work for a week, I'll get file outputs together then.
I might also try to do this again from scratch.

I'm just perplexed why graphics got screwed up, and I'm not sure why, and whatever I do, I can't get acceleration working.
I've got so many versions of config.plist now I can't remember which was what. I guess the take home message from that is, once the system does work smooth, back up the Clover folder.

Anyhow, just back to one of my other questions... the guide in Post#1 talks about a specific kext called:
FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
In your repository, I could only find
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Would that for some reason be a factor?
Is FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext still available for download?

Appreciate your comments so far.

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext is deprecated.
Replaced by FakePCIIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

for a VGA port to work, you would have to patch the framebuffers to change the personality of a port from DV/HDMI to VGA.
tluck - sorry for replying so late, but I was wondering if you were able to successfully map the Fn keys to the keyboard on the Lenovo T series laptops (I'm using a T440s, but I know you have a T460 which should be using a very similar keyboard).

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction? I figured out which methods are being called in the EC device but I do not know how to edit them to perform different functions.

@Ludacrisvp - I have a T440 as well. I've been trying to get the BIOS modded by one of the moderators over at bios-mods.com, but no matter what I do he keeps telling me that I have a bad BIOS dump. I've tried a TL866 programmer and two difference CH341 SPI programmers (the green one and then the black one) and so many different versions of the software.

Do you have any advice on how to dump the BIOS properly so I can get the whitelist removed?

@Ludacrisvp - I have a T440 as well. I've been trying to get the BIOS modded by one of the moderators over at bios-mods.com, but no matter what I do he keeps telling me that I have a bad BIOS dump. I've tried a TL866 programmer and two difference CH341 SPI programmers (the green one and then the black one) and so many different versions of the software.

Do you have any advice on how to dump the BIOS properly so I can get the whitelist removed?

Just flash the 2.36 bios version. It doesn't have a functional white list. Meaning all cards work due to a firmware bug from Lenovo.

If it's not the correct version I'll let you know when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back