Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright. I have some updates now. The BIOS was reset to defaults and DVMT pre-alloc set to 64MB. DEP is active.

I did everything from scratch and followed the guide to the letter. I re-extracted DSDT and re-patched including patch from post #47, as instructed. Installed DSDT and ran macOS Sierra installer from USB without a hitch, everything worked wonderfully.

Then came the time to boot the new system using Clover on USB. That didn't work well unfortunately... The boot paused for a LONG time at the screen attached, specifically AppleHDADriver and AppleACPICPU. Afterwards, I just see the Apple logo with the loader underneath and nothing moves, including the mouse. No HD activity. Looks like it's frozen...

I'm attaching also the patched DSDT specific for this laptop (Lenovo T430, i5, 8GB, HD4000, 1600x900) and the config I used is this one (only change I made was to add "-v" to boot flags): github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD4000_1600x900.plist

Does anyone have an idea where to go from here and how to fix these issues?

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Hmpf.. Really? Thanks for the link, but I didn't forget it from last night. I've been reading it but nothing jumps to mind.

Want to help or just police the forum?

PS: I intend to write a post about my experience so others may benefit from it. macOS Sierra on T430.

Not possible to help when people don't provide the required data.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'll try.

The "Problem Reporting" files required are very clear in the FAQ.
Required for case where you can't boot:
- EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes folder)
- verbose boot photo

I'll do, better? :)

I never try to predict the future.
So far, I don't see where you attached any files that were requested.

Working on it... I'm not as experienced as many others on this fine forum, but it's coming soon.

Here we go. ZIP prepared after F4 and F2. preboot is under misc/ and I also included the photo where boot is stuck. As I explained, the next screen which appears after this long waiting time is just the Apple logo and the loader underneath, not yet filling up.

While I waited, however, the screen went blank so I touched a key but nothing happened. When I pressed the hardware Power On/Off button, the screen suddenly showed the last screen (Apple logo, loader underneath, not yet filling up) and the mouse pointer started animating (usual, multi-colored pointer circling itself). So, the system wasn't actually frozen but the screen is not presenting what the system wants it to present.

Anyway, I hope I did this right this time. Apologies for the long wait and I hope you could help me out with a pointer or two.

Thank you!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 136
Here we go. ZIP prepared after F4 and F2. preboot is under misc/ and I also included the photo where boot is stuck. As I explained, the next screen which appears after this long waiting time is just the Apple logo and the loader underneath, not yet filling up.

While I waited, however, the screen went blank so I touched a key but nothing happened. When I pressed the hardware Power On/Off button, the screen suddenly showed the last screen (Apple logo, loader underneath, not yet filling up) and the mouse pointer started animating (usual, multi-colored pointer circling itself). So, the system wasn't actually frozen but the screen is not presenting what the system wants it to present.

Anyway, I hope I did this right this time. Apologies for the long wait and I hope you could help me out with a pointer or two.

Thank you!

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Other notes:
- EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is not per guide
- drivers64UEFI is not per guide
- your profile/signature lacks important hardware details (missing chipset, screen resolution).

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, try without patched DSDT.aml (just remove ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml and test).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back