Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Hello,

I successfully installed Big Sur on my Lenovo Legion 5P 15IMH05H using the XiaoM4095 EFI. With a bit modifications, everything works except the screen brightness.

This laptop model is equipped with the following screen: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare, 144Hz, 100% sRGB, Dolby Vision, DC dimmer.

In my understanding, the brightness fix recommended here (using SSDT-PNLF.aml and SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml + Whatevergreen.kext) only works for PWM dimmer displays.

Is there any way to patch the DSDT or hotpatch using SSDT for this DC dimmer brightness screen?

Thank you,

Last edited:
guys,
any ideas why my big sur installation stuck at apple logo in the beginning, with no progress bar?
I am using xiaoM4095 EFI.

guys,
any ideas why my big sur installation stuck at apple logo in the beginning, with no progress bar?
I am using xiaoM4095 EFI.
Manage to fix that,
but, the after installation 1st reboot, the laptop show apple logo and then re-boot and continue like that :crazy:

Hello,

I successfully installed Big Sur on my Lenovo Legion 5P 15IMH05H using the XiaoM4095 EFI. With a bit modifications, everything works except the screen brightness.

This laptop model is equipped with the following screen: 15.6" FHD (1920x1080) IPS 300nits Anti-glare, 144Hz, 100% sRGB, Dolby Vision, DC dimmer.

In my understanding, the brightness fix recommended here (using SSDT-PNLF.aml and SSDT-PNLFCFL.aml + Whatevergreen.kext) only works for PWM dimmer displays.

Is there any way to patch the DSDT or hotpatch using SSDT for this DC dimmer brightness screen?

Thank you,

Update: Regarding XiaoM4095, Brightness will not work on this laptop due to hardware incompatibility

Hey guys! I have Legion Y530 ( i5 8300 & 1050ti ) stuck on "waiting for root device" while installing, what should i do, i`ve tried everything...

Hey guys! I have Legion Y530 ( i5 8300 & 1050ti ) stuck on "waiting for root device" while installing, what should i do, i`ve tried everything...
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Hi friends,
Is there a way to connect my legion y530 (i58300h and gtx 1050ti) Hackintosh mac os catelina to my external monitor dell u2520d ?
Using type c or hdmi?
I know that the hdmi is connected to the dgpu, but recently saw that a friend of mine that is owning a dell xps 15 9570 (i7700hq and gtx 1050) connected his laptop to his lg 27ul850 monintor using the type c port everything is working fine which let me to think that it should be possible for the lenovo y530.

I stumbled across this article, maybe you guy’s could help solve this it would be great:

my config file is the default one from the github website.
I’ll attached his config file.. maybe it would help us.
He is using opencore by the way.

hope we can figure this out!

Attachments

• config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
Hello everyone, do you guys know if this model has a wifi-card whitelist? I bought a broadcom BCM94360NG, which connects perfectly and it's giving me issues.

It constantly turns on and on in MacOS Big Sur (it did the same in catalina, so I tried to update, drivers/firmware also updated), I also have dualboot with Windows, and there wifi works well, but bluetooth does not even show. In mac bluetooth does work ok, I don't know if the card might be faulty, if it's a problem of whitelist, or a configuration problem.

Do you guys know anything about it, thanks.

Back