Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Layoutid 11 worked, but with codeccommander it is working not consistent, mostly doesn't at all, after deleting commander I dont have headphones working properly, alcplugfix only fixes things while I boot with the headphones plugged in, but they arent hot swapable
From what i remember, with layout-id : 11 internal microphone is broken for me (invalid path map), layout-id : 18 works perfect (codec is ALC236). AppleALC v1.5.6 is installed in Kexts folder, it doesn't require CodecCommander to send verb commands. verb commands can be sent directly with alc-verb tool. So, i removed CodecCommander as it's not required.
if you have ALC236 and audio doesn't work at all (at least internal mic/speaker should work, Headphones/Line-In require ALCPlugFix to work), then try the alc-delay property. once you get Internal speakers and Mic working with AppleALC v1.5.6, just use AudioFix.sh script from my GitHub and it'll install alc-verb along with ALCPlugFix. I have tested it myself on both Catalina and Big Sur and Audio is working without any issue at all.
I wanna know, how did you fix your trackpad? With voodooi2c it isn't working and voodoormi makes the trackpad move a bit at first boot, but after that, dead. Thanks in advance!
You need SSDT-TPD0 from my EFI (or SSDT-I2C from xiaoM's EFI), and also have to set Force unlock on all GPIO pads : Enabled in BIOS. if you cannot access BIOS Advanced Menu. Then use xiaoM's BIOS modification script from Windows. Once Force unlock on all GPIO pads is Enabled Trackpad will start work with VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID (both latest version).

Hi guys,

I'm wondering is there any possibility to connect external monitor to Y540?
I have bought an USB type c to display port cable but it doesn't work (only in windows).
I'm new to all this and managed with tutorial you provided to install and configure
Catalina and it's working like a charm. So the last thing i really need is external monitor
so if someone have solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

I'm wondering is there any possibility to connect external monitor to Y540?
I have bought an USB type c to display port cable but it doesn't work (only in windows).
I'm new to all this and managed with tutorial you provided to install and configure
Catalina and it's working like a charm. So the last thing i really need is external monitor
so if someone have solution please let me know.

Thanks in advance!
nope, because it is connected to nvidia video card which is disabled on hackintosh. by the way, latest opencore efi 3.0.3 which supports macos 11.2.1 from xiaom4095 has been released. check out his github page. happy chinese new year!

I see the new update but with it my OC gives an error.
also in the new script it's all chinese and i don't understand nothing..
I'm with my y530 on catalina but standby is not working, do you think guys is possible to update to big sur?

I see the new update but with it my OC gives an error.
also in the new script it's all chinese and i don't understand nothing..
I'm with my y530 on catalina but standby is not working, do you think guys is possible to update to big sur?
there's google translate since 2006. make use of it.

Back