Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

i aadd that but nothing changed
View attachment 504676
I guess, you missed the following
You can also check Sample.plist for better understating on how your config.plist will look like after you apply any of above two methods.

To me Entries method is little complicated as you need full device path, and then the .efi file location. but in the end it should look something like this. You have to set "Enabled" to "Ture", Name can be anything you like, Path is most important as it depends on a lot of factors, This Guide should help calculating value for Path variable correctly.

Screenshot 2021-01-12 020409.png

If the grubx64.efi is located at \EFI\MX19\grubx64.efi, then you should try

Screenshot 2021-01-12 020701.png

Last edited:
now after copying the boot grub of linux to the clover boot folder i can access to windows and linux but not macos and when i delete it i regain access to lacis and windows but not linux even the efi appear but got an error
I'm not sure where does Clover come from, as you should have OpenCore instead. I'm not sure if BlessOverride is supposed to work in your case (never tested it with Linux). but Entries method will work for sure, and I did use it about month ago with Ubuntu.

I'm trying to install firstly mojave, as I don't have an usb large enough, xiaoMGitHub's Clover works, but OC doesn't, the github one is stuck on the Apple logo with the bar stuck at 0, some efi found here on forum made the laptop restart, and doing one from scratch also didn't work...

May Allah bless you my friend it worked now im rocking all 3 os without plug in the flash drive , thank you so much bro , and hope you will update the oc icones to a modern one to mzke it even better .

If you are using hamza’s efi make sure to set up the bios settings like he suggested and if face same issue just get a larger flash drive they’re very cheap , 16gigs ones and install latest bigsur 11.1

May Allah bless you my friend it worked now im rocking all 3 os without plug in the flash drive , thank you so much bro , and hope you will update the oc icones to a modern one to mzke it even better .
Glad I could help. I did update mine to OC 0.6.5 (along with Modern User Interface), I'll push the changes to GitHub some time soon.
I'm trying to install firstly mojave, as I don't have an usb large enough, xiaoMGitHub's Clover works, but OC doesn't, the github one is stuck on the Apple logo with the bar stuck at 0, some efi found here on forum made the laptop restart, and doing one from scratch also didn't work...
Have you tried this EFI?

Don't need large USB if you have decent internet speed, just follow Making the installer in Windows | Dortania and you can even install Big Sur 11.1 using a 1GB USB Flash Drive (Big Sur recovery DMG file is around 600MBs).

You possibly have Y540 (i5-9300H CPU), and I tested my EFI only on Y530. So, I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with Y540 or not.

Glad I could help. I did update mine to OC 0.6.5 (along with Modern User Interface), I'll push the changes to GitHub some time soon.

Have you tried this EFI?

Don't need large USB if you have decent internet speed, just follow Making the installer in Windows | Dortania and you can even install Big Sur 11.1 using a 1GB USB Flash Drive (Big Sur recovery DMG file is around 600MBs).

You possibly have Y540 (i5-9300H CPU), and I tested my EFI only on Y530. So, I'm not sure if it's supposed to work with Y540 or not.
Thanks for the reply! Is your EFI compatible with the Y540 a d what version of OC are u using? I want Big Sur, I took xiaoMGitHub's OC and updated all files to the latest version, except for the plist, as I'm a noob in this. But it kinda works the 0.5.7 plist on 0.6.5 boots, but only boots from usb and it takes 5 minutes, but it won't boot after copying to mac EFI at all...

cool cant wait for that updated oc to test it bro , thanks a lot

cool cant wait for that updated oc to test it bro , thanks a lot
Just committed changes to GitHub, you can try it.

Keep in mind that you'll have to replace Intel Wi-Fi/BT kernel extension with Broadcom, replace boot-args for AltStore and BlessOverride/Custom Entries (plus anything else you modified).

Back