Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

It is included in my OpenCore EFI, but isn't merged with Acidanthera's VoodooPS2Controller (may be someday).
Keypad on Lenovo Y530 doesn't work #303
Thanks chilledHamza for the explanation. I appreciate your time on maintaining the guide on Lenovo Legion machines. Without this forum, it will take a much longer time to have a full functioning hackintosh on my Y7000.

i barely speak english so video is better for me

i barely speak english so video is better for me
Basically you have to copy EFI folder to EFI partition on your boot drive, then try to boot it with F12 Key.

If OpenCore is not listed in boot choices when you press F12 Key (that you placed in EFI partition on system drive), then you should use EFI Shell to boot BOOTx64.efi file, with BootProtect = Bootstrap (in config.plist) OpenCore boot entry will be created automatically and this new boot entry is also set as default boot entry.

thank you Hamza i did that and its working but i lost access to linux i only have windows and macos now

thank you Hamza i did that and its working but i lost access to linux i only have windows and macos now
Add a custom entry for Linux in config.plist (or may be try Bless-Override), I did use custom boot entry for Ubuntu on OpenCore few months ago. But don't have triple-boot anymore (only dual-boot for now).

what to add im not into that plz developpe im totally a noob on this

what to add im not into that plz developpe im totally a noob on this
I always say "Hackintosh isn't easy thing" and one should have complete understating of what they are doing.

Don't want to be rude, but best I can do is guide you

-> Read Configuration manual (OpenCore), specifically read the following
1) Misc -> BlessOverride
2) Misc -> Entries

Then try above two options (one by one), and see which one works for you. you can also check Sample.plist for better understating on how your config.plist will look like after you apply any of above two methods.

BlessOverride Type: plist array Description: Add custom scanning paths through bless model. Designed to be filled with plist string entries containing absolute UEFI paths to customised bootloaders, for example, \EFI\debian\grubx64.efi for Debian bootloader. This allows unusual boot paths to be automatically discovered by the boot picker. Designwise they are equivalent to predefined blessed path, such as \System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi or \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi, but unlike predefined bless paths they have highest priority.

i aadd that but nothing changed
IMG_20210111_202823.jpg

now after copying the boot grub of linux to the clover boot folder i can access to windows and linux but not macos and when i delete it i regain access to lacis and windows but not linux even the efi appear but got an error

Back