Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

thank you bro​

will this one works

BCM94360NG same as above but with NG​

Good news. Touchpad is working after I use OC-Tool to update @chilledHamza's EFI to OC 0.6.5. It also updated all Kexts.

Thanks chilledHamza for the help.

Tried VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode, touchpad can move cursor in Big Sur , but no click, and intefere with mouse.

One last thing before I am done with my Legion Y7000P.
Try to replace the boot image to something like this

r/hackintosh - Could not change OS icons in Open Core boot GUI
Currently I have something like this:

r/hackintosh - Could not change OS icons in Open Core boot GUI
I copied a BigSur icon file (128x128) to Mac OS preboot volume, name as .VolumeIcon.icns.

Also a windows 10 icon to Windows C:\

When it reboots, I still see the same old disk icons.

I did follow https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/cosmetic/gui.html#setting-up-opencore-s-gui

set config.plist

• Misc -> Boot -> PickerMode
    : External
  • Misc -> Boot -> PickerAttributes
    :1
    • This enables .VolumeIcon.icns reading off the drive, this is how macOS installer icons work

Please let me know how to change the boot icon.

Thanks.

*Edit: I didn't write the windows script myself (xiaoM might know about real author), so I'm not sure which setting it changes exactly. After you pointed it out I tested it and turn out you are right, Trackpad doesn't work with it set to "disabled".
So, basically we don't need Windows at all and we can change all the required settings from BIOS.
I wrote this script. It is recommended to modify the y530 in the advanced BIOS mode. This script is mainly used for y540/y545/y730/y740/legion 5i/legion. 7. Because these versions cannot unlock the advanced BIOS mode.

*Edit: I didn't write the windows script myself (xiaoM might know about real author), so I'm not sure which setting it changes exactly. After you pointed it out I tested it and turn out you are right, Trackpad doesn't work with it set to "disabled".
So, basically we don't need Windows at all and we can change all the required settings from BIOS.

I thought script was used to change the Touch Pad Interrupt Mode
Code:
Setting: Touch Pad Interrupt Mode, Variable: 0x2B8 {05 91 C4 0C C5 0C D0 0A 01 00 B8 02 10 10 00 01 00}
                      Option: GPIO Interrupt, Value: 0x0 {09 07 65 0C 00 00 00}
                      Option: APIC Interrupt, Value: 0x1 {09 07 64 0C 30 00 01}

I kind of understand your issue, but don't have ELAN device to test and debug it, xiaoM might have better understanding of this. there are a few issues on GitHub that suggest that VoodooI2C v.2.5.2 broke ELAN functionality, while v2.4.4 works.

without working battery status on Laptops (that normally requires ACPI patching, some machines doesn't require it including Y520/Y530/Y7000), Trackpad preference pane is empty and says that no Trackpad hardware detected (something like that)

With -vi2c-force-polling boot-argument?

I have used FingerMgmt in the past, it's came handy in development of Trackpad driver for my Haier Y11C

I didn't get this one, what exactly do you mean by IO mapping?

But what is your definition for "very slow" ?

There are reports of people only getting 1Mbps after recent commits, but other also get 100Mbps+
Thank @chilledHamza for the detailed answer. Fortunately I have the touchpad issue resolved. Your EFI works beautifully once it is upgarded to OC 0.6.5

I wrote this script. It is recommended to modify the y530 in the advanced BIOS mode. This script is mainly used for y540/y545/y730/y740/legion 5i/legion. 7. Because these versions cannot unlock the advanced BIOS mode.
Thanks @xiaoM4095. I used your EFI to install Catalina. All working well. But it did not work in Big Sur. Stuck at Apple logo. I suspect that if you upgrade it to OC 0.6.5, everything should work.

Thanks @xiaoM4095. I used your EFI to install Catalina. All working well. But it did not work in Big Sur. Stuck at Apple logo. I suspect that if you upgrade it to OC 0.6.5, everything should work.
Only need to update the OC 0.6+.

Bro is it possible to get the 1050ti working on hackintosh?

Bro is it possible to get the 1050ti working on hackintosh?
probably not as it is probably optimus technology that is not supported

Which chip supports both wifi and bluetooth? Is Broadcom chip better than Intel wireless N 7260? I have 7260 in an old laptop I can use. Thanks.

Back