Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Use VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID from xiaoM's EFI, along with SSDT-I2C.aml (remove or disable my SSDT-TPD0.aml)

Restore Bios settings to defaults and then set everything as per requirement again (but don't run my trackpad script from Windows)

if above doesn't help, try latest VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode (boot argument or inject property with OC)
Thanks chilledHamza. I did some investigation following your instructions. The xiaoM's files did not improve the touchpad performance.

I did notice something interesting. After reset BIOS, I can set
Advaced\PCH-IO config\BIOS lock\Security Config\
Force unlock on all GPIO pads -> Enabled (default disabled)
This seems equivalent to your windows GPIO bat

Anyway, I returned to your EFI setting. Boot Big Sur, at Mac OS login page, I noticed that the Touchpad works fine, I can move around, and click. Mouse works fine too.
Once I logged in, issue arise. I touch the touchpad, lift finger, a rectangle occurs on screen, like I am dragging. I could not release the rectangle.

I try to follow this link to disable drag, not sucessful

I just need basic features of touch pad, move cursor, click. Not sure how I can set that.
Currently, I can only disable touchpad when mouse is detected.

Thanks.

Please ignore this post. The battery status is working fine.
-------------------------------
Found a discussion on similar touchpad issue here
"I had to patch my battery and the trackpad directly in my DSDT (so without SSDT-XOSI), then I could change the trackpad behaviour in Systemsettings/Trackpad. You can apparentely only access those settings if your batterypatch works"

Someone else also mentioned that Battery patch is needed for touchpad to work normally.
I checked my Big Sur, the battery icon alwasys shows 100% while not plugged in.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you bro may allah rewards you for all your help

Use VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID from xiaoM's EFI, along with SSDT-I2C.aml (remove or disable my SSDT-TPD0.aml)

Restore Bios settings to defaults and then set everything as per requirement again (but don't run my trackpad script from Windows)

if above doesn't help, try latest VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode (boot argument or inject property with OC)
Tried VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode, touchpad can move cursor in Big Sur , but no click, and intefere with mouse.

Last edited:
Is there a software I can monitor the events like mouse/touchpad movement, click info to assist diagnosis?
Also is there anyway I can check IO mapping to make sure it is correct? Thanks.

bluetooth works now but wifi speed still very slow

I did notice something interesting. After reset BIOS, I can set
Advaced\PCH-IO config\BIOS lock\Security Config\
Force unlock on all GPIO pads -> Enabled (default disabled)
This seems equivalent to your windows GPIO bat
*Edit: I didn't write the windows script myself (xiaoM might know about real author), so I'm not sure which setting it changes exactly. After you pointed it out I tested it and turn out you are right, Trackpad doesn't work with it set to "disabled".
So, basically we don't need Windows at all and we can change all the required settings from BIOS.

I thought script was used to change the Touch Pad Interrupt Mode
Code:
Setting: Touch Pad Interrupt Mode, Variable: 0x2B8 {05 91 C4 0C C5 0C D0 0A 01 00 B8 02 10 10 00 01 00}
                      Option: GPIO Interrupt, Value: 0x0 {09 07 65 0C 00 00 00}
                      Option: APIC Interrupt, Value: 0x1 {09 07 64 0C 30 00 01}

Once I logged in, issue arise. I touch the touchpad, lift finger, a rectangle occurs on screen, like I am dragging. I could not release the rectangle.
I kind of understand your issue, but don't have ELAN device to test and debug it, xiaoM might have better understanding of this. there are a few issues on GitHub that suggest that VoodooI2C v.2.5.2 broke ELAN functionality, while v2.4.4 works.
Someone else also mentioned that Battery patch is needed for touchpad to work normally.
without working battery status on Laptops (that normally requires ACPI patching, some machines doesn't require it including Y520/Y530/Y7000), Trackpad preference pane is empty and says that no Trackpad hardware detected (something like that)
Tried VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode, touchpad can move cursor in Big Sur , but no click, and intefere with mouse.
With -vi2c-force-polling boot-argument?
Is there a software I can monitor the events like mouse/touchpad movement, click info to assist diagnosis?
I have used FingerMgmt in the past, it's came handy in development of Trackpad driver for my Haier Y11C
Also is there anyway I can check IO mapping to make sure it is correct? Thanks.
I didn't get this one, what exactly do you mean by IO mapping?
bluetooth works now but wifi speed still very slow
But what is your definition for "very slow" ?

There are reports of people only getting 1Mbps after recent commits, but other also get 100Mbps+

Last edited:
getting around 80 and 105 mb/s in windows im getting over 750mb/s

was getting over 100 mb/s with the efi i posted now getting around 60 and 80 mb/s in windows im getting over 750mb/s
just replace AirportItlwm.kext from your EFI that you attached, in this new EFI i attached. I updated both Wi-Fi and BT drivers, current release is in alpha stage so this is normal.

and if you want 750mbps on macOS, then consider replacing Wi-Fi/BT adapter with supported Broadcom chipset

Back