Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

hamza everythings works with your efi but only bt remains
i have an ax200 intel the wifi works even its very slow

hamza everythings works with your efi but only bt remains
Bluetooth doesn't work? Attach your EFI (zip archive)
i have an ax200 intel the wifi works even its very slow
Try updating AirportItlwm, recent commits improve Upload speed with TX Aggression implementation. 802.11n 40MHz isn't available in public branch yet.

If you need very high speed connection then you should upgrade to supported Broadcom Chipset (that are natively supported).

can you share that airport,,, plz

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    83 MB · Views: 229
Enable "Tap to Click" from Trackpad System Preferences, Dragging can be enabled from Accessibility PrefPane. Check VoodooI2C instruction manual for other gestures and details.

Buttons do work, but only if You place a finger on touchpad surface.

Try changing the value in Config.plist of OpenCore, Set csr-active-config value as per your requirement.

I personally don't have an iOS device, so never used AltSore.
I have similar issues for touchpad in Big Sur on my Legion Y7000P. The touchpad can move well, but no click. I enabled 'Tap to click' and 'Secondary click'. I tapped with 1 finger, 2 fingers, on different touchpad area, no click.

The other weird thing is that if I do not touch touchpad, the Logitech wireless USB mouse works well (move around, click ok). But once I touch the touchpad, mouse left click will not work, right click is fine.

I did run the Windows .bat file before Mac installation. Any suggestions? Thanks.

BTW, the touchpad works perfect in Catalina with EFI from

More info about the Touchpad
1609785595529.png

Last edited:
A question on icons when open core boots, and show the different options, Mac OS, Mac OS recovery, Windows.
I want to show different icons for each option, like BigSur icon for Mac OS, Windows 10 icon for Windows. I put a BigSur icon file under the root folder of the Mac OS parition, name as .VolumeIcon.icns. It is not displayed at boot.

Please advice.

Just found out that my Touchpad is Elan type. Do I need to do anythong special? See my issue on post #344.
The touchpad moves cursor well, but does not register click. Also once it is touched, my wireless USB mouse left click is disabled, right click is fine, move is fine. Thanks.
1609785747294.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    80.8 MB · Views: 121
Just found out that my Touchpad is Elan type. Do I need to do anythong special? See my issue on post #344.
The touchpad moves cursor well, but does not register click. Also once it is touched, my wireless USB mouse left click is disabled, right click is fine, move is fine. Thanks.
View attachment 503796
I don't have ELAN Device, so not sure what's the exact difference, you can try touchpad related patches from xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh. As you say it worked fine with Catalina then it should work on Big Sur too.

I don't have ELAN Device, so not sure what's the exact difference, you can try touchpad related patches from xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh. As you say it worked fine with Catalina then it should work on Big Sur too.
Yes, xiaoM's EFI worked perfectly in Catalina.
xiaoM's EFI does not boot BigSur 11.1. So I moved to yours, everything else work beautifully, except TouchPad.
Can you let me know what kext and patch should I change?

Thanks.

Can you let me know what kext and patch should I change?
Use VoodooI2C + VoodooI2CHID from xiaoM's EFI, along with SSDT-I2C.aml (remove or disable my SSDT-TPD0.aml)

Restore Bios settings to defaults and then set everything as per requirement again (but don't run my trackpad script from Windows)

if above doesn't help, try latest VoodooI2C/I2CHID with Forced polling mode (boot argument or inject property with OC)

Back