Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

someone tried update to Big Sur from software update? without reinstalling etc...
I have. And I'm still using Clover bootloader instead of OC. It's still setting up at the moment. So I haven't done the trackpad fix yet but will try it as soon as it's setup. I'm dropping a complete easy to follow guide soon when it's successfully installed.

Edit:
It's not as easy as I think it is. Especially that I forgot to copy the EFI to flash disk so I lost my clover bootloader and I have to compile it again (clover efi + clover update).

Last edited:
I got lost here already. Latest EFI from github doesn't have opencore in the downloaded clover zipped file. It has a separate zip for opencore EFI. So how can I replace it? Got the latest OC from the 2nd link, by the way.

Edit:
I downloaded the OC EFI 0.5.7 instead of the clover and that EFI is booting properly. But if I replaced the OC folder with the updated 0.6.3, that's where I'm having problems. Which files/folder exactly did you update from opencorepkg 0.6.3 to the xiaomgithub's oc efi?

Also, I couldn't find the device properties of my audio to add the alc-delay. Can you tell me how can I add it? Clover configurator? How? Thanks!
Hi, the files I replaced to update OpenCore to 0.6.3 were

EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi
and all of the files in EFI/OC/Drivers/

To add the alc-delay property you need to edit your config.plist. I used a utility called "ProperTree" but you can also use PlistEditPro, or even just plain old textedit. Look for "DeviceProperties" and you just need to add the two lines highlighted in the image below. This has solved the sound issues for me. Before, sometimes I would reboot and have no sound devices. Now I have sound all the time.

Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 19.07.11.png

EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi

To add the alc-delay property you need to edit your config.plist. I used a utility called "ProperTree" but you can also use PlistEditPro, or even just plain old textedit. Look for "DeviceProperties" and you just need to add the two lines highlighted in the image below. This has solved the sound issues for me. Before, sometimes I would reboot and have no sound devices. Now I have sound all the time.

View attachment 496904
Thanks man! I appreciate it. I updated mine with Clover and I had to fix AirportBrcmFixup.kext to make the wifi work. It also takes ages for my hackintosh to bootup due to some errors. I'll experiment with my EFI when I got time.

EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi

View attachment 496904
I can't get audio to work at all. I followed your steps exactly, but it simply does not work. Can you help? What additional info do you need?

EDIT: Fixed by installing VoodoHDA

Last edited:
I can't get numpad to work. play,stop... buttons work perfectly, but I am not able to turn on num lock and use numbers.

@xiaoM4095 's script doesn't generate 'setleds' file :(
have you fixed this man?

Someone here can post an EFI , working with Big Sur?

EFI/BOOT/BOOTx64.efi
EFI/OC/OpenCore.efi

View attachment 496904
Thank You very much,
finally my audio disappearing problem fixed.

Back