Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Hi all,

nice thread :)

Well i've installed catalina 10.15.4 successfully on Y540-15IRH (iGPU, i7, sata disk)

So far is working :
- iGPU, ethernet, sound

The first issue i'm tracking is wake/Sleep. After wake up, the UI and the whole computer is totally stuttering like hell. I guess its a pb with ssdt. I used the ones on https://github.com/xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh/releases.

Does anyone has the same thing on Y540 ?

sort out your hardware profile , you should know what graphics you have in your laptop

Well :)
Y540-15IRH
i7 9750H
iGPU UHD 630
32GB
NVMe SAMSUNG 970 plus and Hard disk
RTX2060 (set to switchable in bios) > so, the iGPU is working good at boot

Sorry, i did it :)
it really isn't difficult:
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Well :)
Y540-15IRH
i7 9750H
iGPU UHD 630
32GB
NVMe SAMSUNG 970 plus and Hard disk
RTX2060 (set to switchable in bios) > so, the iGPU is working good at boot

Well advancing :)

using this package, instead of OpenCore but Clover,

sleep is now working well, without choppy things, and even the trackpad is working with 3 fingers), but not the buttons, neither the numpad

so it seems its linked to OpenCore trick

Attachments

• EFI 10.15.5.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 231
Hello, everyone. I have successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 on my Y530. Everything works perfectly. The only problem I have is when I try to watch something on Apple TV it starts and opens player but nothings starts. Can not play it. But trailers work perfectly on background of app and can be full screened. Another thing I could not fix numlock . I run optimize.sh on terminal when system is booting numlock works but when catalina starts up it does not.
Thanks in Advance!

As of now DRM protected content cannot be watched on laptops. This includes Netflix on Safari, AppleTV etc.

For Netflix you can use Chrome.

Hello, everyone. I have successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 on my Y530. Everything works perfectly. The only problem I have is when I try to watch something on Apple TV it starts and opens player but nothings starts. Can not play it. But trailers work perfectly on background of app and can be full screened. Another thing I could not fix numlock . I run optimize.sh on terminal when system is booting numlock works but when catalina starts up it does not.
Thanks in Advance!

For fixing numlock, follow below steps.

Find setleds in / usr / local / bin /,and then open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Find the "Accesibility" section. Unlock the pane by clicking on the padlock symbol, then press the + button to open a file browser. Now navigate to the location and select your setleds binary. Lock the pane by pressing the padlock icon again.

Unfortunately, Micron OEM ssd cannot be used to install OSX, this is a hardware incompatibility.

is it possible then to disconnect/block the micron nvme using a patch and install hackintosh on secondry m.2 ssd installed ?

Back