Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

I think I'm doing everything right, but trying to install mojave, it reboots half way through the apple splash screen, is this a common issue/how to fix it or did I do something wrong and should start from the beginning?

IMG_20200324_215157.jpg

Find setleds in / usr / local / bin /,and then open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Find the "Accesibility" section. Unlock the pane by clicking on the padlock symbol, then press the + button to open a file browser. Now navigate to the location and select your setleds binary. Lock the pane by pressing the padlock icon again.
"Find setleds in / usr / local / bin /" couldn't found it in my device.

Hi there, I’m trying for couple of days now to run linux, windows 10 and hakintosh mojave by this example https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/. So, then I added them to the Clover and every time some of the system crashes (I’m trying to upload everything on one ssd). Sometimes I even lose the cliver boot in bios. Can you help me with an advice? Thank you.

Audio loads inconsistently.

I was using an older version of xiaoMs efi. The one where the numpad doesn't work.

Recently I updated to the latest and ran the script to get my numpad working. However I am up against a new problem. The audio driver doesn't always load. Only sometimes.

I have tried re-running the script multiple times without any results.

I am still on 10.14.3. I haven't done any os updates.

Any help @xiaoM4095 @rcc622

Last edited:
CATALINA (10.15) is a work in progress on y530-y540 WORKING EFI https://github.com/xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh_Clover/releases The EFI supports 10.13.6-10.15.x READ FIRST TXT FILE >TXT FILE TRANSLATED TO EN ATTACHED >THANKS TO @xiaoM4095 KEEP in MIND patient you must have to be capable to read and follow all the information. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND KEEP CALM THINGS TO CONSIDERE BEFORE TRY: Wont work Natively HDMI, NVIDIA GPU, BLUETOOTH and TOUCHPAD (very Tricky) -YOU CAN UPGRADE NORMALLY JUST MAKE CHANGES ON BIOS ADVANCES OPTIONS AND FOLLOW TXT FILE STEPS- FRESH INSTALLATION GUIDE: SEE POST #2 ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW IS NOT COMPATIBILE WITH VM INSTALLATIONS Wondering, Whats working and how fix bluetooth and wifi? POST #3 FOR BEGINNERS (as me) [OPTIONAL] Other Guides for y530: 10.14

Anyone tried to install High Sierra and manage to get GTX 1050Ti to work on this laptop?

hi,
How to update to 10.15.4 ?

Audio loads inconsistently.

I was using an older version of xiaoMs efi. The one where the numpad doesn't work.

Recently I updated to the latest and ran the script to get my numpad working. However I am up against a new problem. The audio driver doesn't always load. Only sometimes.

I have tried re-running the script multiple times without any results.

I am still on 10.14.3. I haven't done any os updates.

Any help @xiaoM4095 @rcc622

While I haven't found a fix to this problem. I have figured a temporary workaround.

I checked the kexts that are loaded when sound is working and when it isn't. I figured that AudioAUUC.kext isn't loaded when sound is not working.

I checked whether it was because of lack of AppleHDA and AppleHDAController. However both of them are loaded in both cases.

With this information I added AudioAUUC in ForceKextsToLoad in config.plist.

Even though, it is not fixed, It loads more consistently (I might have to reboot once or twice).

Before this workaround getting audio to work was always pure luck.

However, I would like a permanent solution to this problem and not have to keep rebooting my system for the audio.

@xiaoM4095 do you have any solution? Or should I start a new thread in Laptop Support?

EDIT: I have updated to the latest version of Catalina (10.15.4).

Thanks.

Last edited:
While I haven't found a fix to this problem. I have figured a temporary workaround.

I checked the kexts that are loaded when sound is working and when it isn't. I figured that AudioAUUC.kext isn't loaded when sound is not working.

I checked whether it was because of lack of AppleHDA and AppleHDAController. However both of them are loaded in both cases.

With this information I added AudioAUUC in ForceKextsToLoad in config.plist.

Even though, it is not fixed, It loads more consistently (I might have to reboot once or twice).

Before this workaround getting audio to work was always pure luck.

However, I would like a permanent solution to this problem and not have to keep rebooting my system for the audio.

@xiaoM4095 do you have any solution? Or should I start a new thread in Laptop Support?

Thanks.
zip and upload your clover folder

also in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

zip and upload your clover folder

also in terminal:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
and copy and paste the results here

I am using the EFI as shared by @xiaoM4095 . The only difference being I installed SMC sensor kexts yesterday. I have attached the Clover folder as zip.

BTW, one thing I forgot to add is that I have updated from Mojave to Catalina (10.15.4) in the hopes that the newer OS might fix it.

The output after rebuilding kexts by kextcache -i is

Code:
KernelCache ID: 1D50F919C7B1AC499FDC1AD795EE0F07

Nothing else.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 73
Back