Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Hey sorry If I am asking noob question..

So obviously I have gone through the guide and I understand most of the process except how to replace wifi card and more importantly which one to pick .

Now I have gone through the wifi guide but I don't understand if I should be buying M.2 or PcIe or mini for my y540 also because I saw the above video but it's seems more complicated ( maybe due to entennas ? ) than
?

Or does it depend on what kind of card a laptop comes pre-installed with ie m.2 or PCIe or also can you keep original one and add new one to different slot like Ssd ?

Sorry I am kind of confused can anyone help me choose which card should I buy and would be an easy switch ?

Ps : Also I found these cards (attached) near me as of now if it's not a problem can anyone tell which one would be the best one to buy for y540 ?

Buy this one : https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/item/32...er_id=f268794e100d476390d7c427429558be&is_c=N

Replacement is very easy though

Hey sorry If I am asking noob question..

So obviously I have gone through the guide and I understand most of the process except how to replace wifi card and more importantly which one to pick .

Now I have gone through the wifi guide but I don't understand if I should be buying M.2 or PcIe or mini for my y540 also because I saw the above video but it's seems more complicated ( maybe due to entennas ? ) than
?

Or does it depend on what kind of card a laptop comes pre-installed with ie m.2 or PCIe or also can you keep original one and add new one to different slot like Ssd ?

Sorry I am kind of confused can anyone help me choose which card should I buy and would be an easy switch ?

Ps : Also I found these cards (attached) near me as of now if it's not a problem can anyone tell which one would be the best one to buy for y540 ?

More information about wifi cards

Not Working
You won't have WIFI neither BLUETOOTH working, you have to replace the WIFI/BLUETOOTH card
Wifi and bluetooth (you have to change wifi card to BCM94352Z to enable this natively)
or @xiaoM4095 said:

I recently changed the BCM943602cs, wifi/Bluetooth does not need to install the driver. I can't do anything about your problems, haha

Q. WiFi/bluetooth is not working. How to fix?

WiFi: depends on having compatible hardware. Recommendations:
BCM943252HMB or BCM943252Z (depending on required form factor)
BCM94360HMB or BCM943602BAED (depending on required form factor)

This is a Good Option
Buy this one : BCM94352Z

Replacement is very easy though

Last edited:
CATALINA (10.15) is a work in progress on y530-y540

WORKING EFI https://github.com/xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh_Clover/releases

The EFI supports 10.13.6-10.15.x
READ FIRST TXT FILE
>TXT FILE TRANSLATED TO EN ATTACHED
>THANKS TO @xiaoM4095

KEEP in MIND patient you must have to be capable to read and follow all the information. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND KEEP CALM

THINGS TO CONSIDERE BEFORE TRY:
Wont work Natively HDMI, NVIDIA GPU, BLUETOOTH and TOUCHPAD (very Tricky)

-YOU CAN UPGRADE NORMALLY JUST MAKE CHANGES ON BIOS ADVANCES OPTIONS
AND FOLLOW TXT FILE STEPS-

FRESH INSTALLATION GUIDE:

SEE POST #2

ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW IS NOT COMPATIBILE WITH VM INSTALLATIONS

Wondering, Whats working and how fix bluetooth and wifi?
POST #3

FOR BEGINNERS (as me)

[OPTIONAL]
Other Guides for y530:
Did someone found a way to use the dedicated gpu on High Sierra?

Did someone tried to use a dongle usb c to get the output video from the Intel HD Graphics?

Can anyone please translate latest changelog, i don't understand it and i don't get why there is no efi but just .plist

Will it worked on Lenovo Legion Y545 as well ?
here's the spec

- Processor : 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9750H Processor (2.60GHz, up to 4.50GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
- Graphics : NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660Ti
- Display : 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare 300 nits
- Memory : 16 GB DDR4 2666 MHz

I am aware that Nvidia wont work on Catalina, but beside that, will my machine able to use this guide to install hackintosh ?

Anyone knows where I can find the USR etc folder, to fix numpad please?

Back