Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Fortunately, I found a solution to numpad on github. Looking at this, I have integrated it into the script.
Code:
sudo sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://gitee.com/xiaoMGit/Y7000Series_Hackintosh_Fix/raw/master/Script/Optimize.sh)"
but i ran the scritp and made not change ahha... maybe im doing it wrong

but i ran the scritp and made not change ahha... maybe im doing it wrong
Find setleds in / usr / local / bin /,and then open System Preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Find the "Accesibility" section. Unlock the pane by clicking on the padlock symbol, then press the + button to open a file browser. Now navigate to the location and select your setleds binary. Lock the pane by pressing the padlock icon again.

With regards to getting the external monitor working, is the USB-C actually wired to the CPU (UHD 630) or to Nvidia GPU? I noticed those who managed to get the external monitor working were using a USB adapter, not USB-C. If in theory it should work, then maybe I'm missing a USB-C/thunderbolt kext or some Clover boot flags. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
With regards to getting the external monitor working, is the USB-C actually wired to the CPU (UHD 630) or to Nvidia GPU? I noticed those who managed to get the external monitor working were using a USB adapter, not USB-C. If in theory it should work, then maybe I'm missing a USB-C/thunderbolt kext or some Clover boot flags. Thanks guys.
Hi, i have Y7000p, and cant get type c to hdmi work. Did you have success in using type c to hdmi or any other usb to hdmi adapters?

Hi, i have Y7000p, and cant get type c to hdmi work. Did you have success in using type c to hdmi or any other usb to hdmi adapters?
As I mentioned earlier I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter which doesn't work with the current EFI from xiaoM4095. But the more of us the better, maybe someone will figure it out. My main concern would be if USB-C was routed through the Nvidia gpu, in which case we wouldn't be able to get it working. Might actually submit a ticket to Lenovo to ask how USB-C is routed.

As I mentioned earlier I bought a USB-C to DisplayPort adapter which doesn't work with the current EFI from xiaoM4095. But the more of us the better, maybe someone will figure it out. My main concern would be if USB-C was routed through the Nvidia gpu, in which case we wouldn't be able to get it working. Might actually submit a ticket to Lenovo to ask how USB-C is routed.
I spent couple hours in searching of solution of this "type-c to HDMI" problem, an here is what I've found useful
link 1 , link 2 . May be it can help in our case? I'm going to test it this week. It would be great if someone will test it too.

By the way, I don't think that usb-c is routed through the Nvidia, because other type-c devices work normally on this port

Hello guys,I have a question.
Did you manage to unlock y540's bios with fn +o +d ?
Because I cannot.
I just have to press those buttons after the laptop bots into windows?

Hello guys,I have a question.
Did you manage to unlock y540's bios with fn +o +d ?
Because I cannot.
I just have to press those buttons after the laptop bots into windows?
i unlocked advance options pressing fn + o + d just right after reboot. Just before legion logo appears, it will reboot again, you will see that your keyboard's light turn on and then turn off twice, release the keys and then you'll see something like this (see attached). Then press f2 to enter bios and you gonna have advance options unlocked :) :)
IMG_20200122_125318_1.jpg

Last edited:
Back