Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

Can we update to the latest version?

Last edited:
Can we update to the latest version?
I know this is a late comment, but I've been updating regularly throughout Big Sur without any issues. Currently running Big Sur 11.5.2 smoothly on a Legion Y540 without having touched my EFI since first installing Big Sur.

I know this is a late comment, but I've been updating regularly throughout Big Sur without any issues. Currently running Big Sur 11.5.2 smoothly on a Legion Y540 without having touched my EFI since first installing Big Sur.
What EFI are you using? OC or Clover?

What EFI are you using? OC or Clover?
OC

I had to make a few very small adjustments to xiaoM's EFI, but I haven't had to touch it since I got it up and running.

OC

I had to make a few very small adjustments to xiaoM's EFI, but I haven't had to touch it since I got it up and running.
Can you share it please because I'm struggling to make it work without issues.

Can you share it please because I'm struggling to make it work without issues.
Here's my config.plist. Just a few minor changes I had to make, based on troubleshooting I was able to do directly from OpenCore's website. I didn't change anything else about xiaoM's EFI linked in OP.

Again, this is for a Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH with the specs listed on my profile. I will also say I haven't gotten the trackpad to work, but I'm not worrying about that because I have a good mouse.

Attachments

• config.plist
    30.7 KB · Views: 106
Here's my config.plist. Just a few minor changes I had to make, based on troubleshooting I was able to do directly from OpenCore's website. I didn't change anything else about xiaoM's EFI linked in OP.

Again, this is for a Lenovo Legion Y540-17IRH with the specs listed on my profile. I will also say I haven't gotten the trackpad to work, but I'm not worrying about that because I have a good mouse.
Thanks so much! Yes, we do have the same laptop model so this will definitely work.

I've tried your config and downloaded the latest oc from github but i couldn't make it to boot. my osx is catalina at the moment and afraid to upgrade to big sur because I had issues with it before like faulty wifi and Bluetooth.

I've tried your config and downloaded the latest oc from github but i couldn't make it to boot. my osx is catalina at the moment and afraid to upgrade to big sur because I had issues with it before like faulty wifi and Bluetooth.
Ah, I haven't updated OC in a while. xiaoM's EFI has all the necessary files for OC 0.6.6 and I haven't bothered updating since. If you want to update OC beyond that, you're best off navigating OC's website and seeing what's changed since then.

im struggling with `xiaoM's EFI files for OC 0.6.6` im stuck. can please help me? my hardware is 9750h config plist used by the way. im at Catalina atm and trying to update to Big Sur 11.6

Please help me. Thanks

Back