Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

sometime sound not working after boot.

sound device list is empty. Someone know how to fix?

Снимок экрана 2020-09-17 в 12.32.24.png

do i need to clean nvram after switching to opencore bootloader? how to do it and whether it should be done at all ?
Thanks.

do i need to clean nvram after switching to opencore bootloader? how to do it and whether it should be done at all ?
Thanks.
yes, best to clean nvram, choose the option when booting

ok, only i don't have this option at boot :(
I'm using the latest opencore build
make sure to enable:
AllowNvramReset in your config.plist

make sure to enable:
AllowNvramReset in your config.plist
I have NvramReset on, but there is no menu for choosing boot resetNvram :(
it looks like the author of the config hid it for the beauty of the download. can you help with this?

I have NvramReset on, but there is no menu for choosing boot resetNvram :(
it looks like the author of the config hid it for the beauty of the download. can you help with this?
I figured it out, I had to press the spacebar and then the nvram reset menu appears

I figured it out, I had to press the spacebar and then the nvram reset menu appears
it may be because you have PickerMode set to external and not Builtin but maybe you are using OpenCanopy? then probably best to leave it as is and use the spacebar :)

Touchpad(ELAN) lags really bad..... like 1 fps, worked fine on OC 0.5.7 and 0.5.9 with Xiao's EFI

So I was trying to update to OC 0.6.2 on Catalina and built my own EFI from the ground up but just couldn't figure out the touchpad, I tried Voodoo DSDT patching which either didn't work or I screwed up, so in the end I just decided to copy Xiao's EFI's SSDT-I2C.aml and Kexts just like I did last time with my 0.5.9 upgrade but for some reason it's reallly laggy. I would love to get some advise on this or just some direction to relevant sources.
Thanks
PS: Version of macOS is same so is the hardware it's just OC 0.5.9 to 0.6.2

Edit: I can even manage to get that laggy input only when I add VoodooInput.kext as a plugin to VoodooI2c.kext, otherwise with just a copy paste of SSDT-I2C.aml and original kexts I get absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Back