Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion y530-y540 Laptop on Catalina 10.15

CATALINA (10.15) is a work in progress on y530-y540

WORKING EFI https://github.com/xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh_Clover/releases

The EFI supports 10.13.6-10.15.x
READ FIRST TXT FILE
>TXT FILE TRANSLATED TO EN ATTACHED
>THANKS TO @xiaoM4095

KEEP in MIND patient you must have to be capable to read and follow all the information. PLEASE BE PATIENT AND KEEP CALM

THINGS TO CONSIDERE BEFORE TRY:
Wont work Natively HDMI, NVIDIA GPU, BLUETOOTH and TOUCHPAD (very Tricky)

-YOU CAN UPGRADE NORMALLY JUST MAKE CHANGES ON BIOS ADVANCES OPTIONS
AND FOLLOW TXT FILE STEPS-

FRESH INSTALLATION GUIDE:

SEE POST #2

ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW IS NOT COMPATIBILE WITH VM INSTALLATIONS

Wondering, Whats working and how fix bluetooth and wifi?
POST #3

FOR BEGINNERS (as me)

[OPTIONAL]
Other Guides for y530:

I have lenovo legion y7000p.
graphics: ndivida geforce gtx 1660i Ti

How can I make bootable usb? with unibeast? Can you give me details how can I make a bootable disk with catalina?
I tried with unibeast and catalina, but stuck on boot.

What is the step to create bootable disk with catalina?
I tried clover installation but it actually doesn't have external part that I can install mac.

Thank you

Hello All!

Actually I'm stuck on first step. How can I create bootable installation USB for Catalina?
I tried normal installation guide for Catalina with Unibeast. But stuck while I selected External Boot from USB. Do I need to disable ndvidia option for GeForce GTX 1660i Ti?

Thank you

Recently, I am obsessed with modifying the BIOS. If you are interested, you can try it. Currently there is only a Chinese version. You may need a translation tool.

Wow, thats awesome. I saw a bios folder on your latest EFI config 3.03. what kind of mod you did on bios?
Also, in your opinion which bootloader is better in stable performance Clover or OpenCore?

I should have quoted the message properly. I am not using VoodooHDA. I only added as per this, but with id <70a10000> of an actual mac as suggested by rehabMan in a later post.
Unfortunately, after testing by hundreds of people, your suggestion seems to have no effect.

Wow, thats awesome. I saw a bios folder on your latest EFI config 3.03. what kind of mod you did on bios?
Also, in your opinion which bootloader is better in stable performance Clover or OpenCore?
I changed the logo in the BIOS to apple logo. Clover and OC are no different to me.

Hello, everyone. I have successfully installed Catalina 10.15.4 on my Y530. Everything works perfectly. The only problem I have is when I try to watch something on Apple TV it starts and opens player but nothings starts. Can not play it. But trailers work perfectly on background of app and can be full screened. Another thing I could not fix numlock . I run optimize.sh on terminal when system is booting numlock works but when catalina starts up it does not.
Thanks in Advance!

Hello, I am having some problems with updating my laptop to 10.15.4. I am using EFI 3.0.2. Whenever I try to install the update to 10.15.4 from 10.15 the standard way, the update installer selected from Clover ends up being stuck on the Apple logo with no progress bar. Is there anything I am doing wrong?
I have installed 10.15.4 without problem with EFI 3.0.3 folder. (Except DNVMe patch I excluded that SSDT because it was preventing my ssd to be recognized. ) You should use ApfsDriverLoader.efi, AppleGenericinput.efi, AppleUISupport.efi, HFSPlus.efi, OsxAptioFix3Drv.efi, VirtualSmc.efi in your EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI folder. And use Esssential kexts in your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder. You can check video about that on youtube by YusTech Gaming

Hi, I bought a generic USB-C to HDMI adapter, it works with windows, but it does not work on my Hackintosh there's no info about the brand or model, for those that make these adapters work, Did you change some configuration? Use Hackintool to map the USB-C as video output and then patch the FrameBuffer? Or It's just pure lucky and only works with some adapters?

Hi all,

nice thread :)

Well i've installed catalina 10.15.4 successfully on Y540-15IRH (iGPU, i7, sata disk)

So far is working :
- iGPU, ethernet, sound

The first issue i'm tracking is wake/Sleep. After wake up, the UI and the whole computer is totally stuttering like hell. I guess its a pb with ssdt. I used the ones on https://github.com/xiaoMGitHub/LEGION_Y7000Series_Hackintosh/releases.

Does anyone has the same thing on Y540 ?

Back