Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've updated clover and it boots well now.
New issue, how do I set up to boot with clover instead of windows boot manager.
Cheers!
EDIT: Got it to boot. I had the tool already SMH(EasyUEFI).
I'm having a hard time setting up my touch pad and keyboard light.
Still surfing through posts here for a solution though.

Should be simple enough, rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi and point your BIOS to boot Clover.

Guide should cover touchpad and keyboard backlight. You have to use RehabMan’s build of VoodooPS2Controller. As for the keyboard backlight, it should be working if you are following the guide.

Thanks. Will Do So

Well.... Just updated to 10.15.6 from 10.15.1 (clover 5119)
After updating mac os i updated efi and others (as it said in guide). Everything is good. But i deleted VoodooPS2Controller.kext from /Library/Extention because with that kext numpad isn't working and touchpad too. I put ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext in clover/kexts/other - and now it's ok (NUMPAD working perfectly)

Well.... Just updated to 10.15.6 from 10.15.1 (clover 5119)
After updating mac os i updated efi and others (as it said in guide). Everything is good. But i deleted VoodooPS2Controller.kext from /Library/Extention because with that kext numpad isn't working and touchpad too. I put ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext in clover/kexts/other - and now it's ok (NUMPAD working perfectly)

Numpad is working, the keys are just not bound to numbers (as if Num Lock wasn’t on), touchpad should be working fine with basic gestures when using RehabMan’s build.

Have you thoroughly tested with that kext?

Numpad is working, the keys are just not bound to numbers (as if Num Lock wasn’t on), touchpad should be working fine with basic gestures when using RehabMan’s build.

Have you thoroughly tested with that kext?

I used kext from guide and it didn't work for me. After replacing kexts numpad and touchpad working perfectly. The same thing was when i was trying to install mojave to my y520 for the first time.

Has anyone tried using the opencore bootloader on our laptop?
And one more question. After sleep, the system works much slower and with lags. Is it normal?

And one more question. After sleep, the system works much slower and with lags. Is it normal?
I was able to convert clover to opencore bootloader. I kept the clover in my EFI folder and added OC into it. Went into Windows and changed the boot sequence to use OC instead of Clover, in case I need to go back using Clover. I think Y520 is not much different than Y720.

I follow these guides.

As you follow along, jump to laptop kaby lake. For the SSDT files, I just used the pre-built.

I made sure to be able to boot from usb before changing hard drive EFI folder. The only thing I didn't do is try and fix the sleep and power management.

For the sata controller fix do a find on "SATA-unsupported.kext" in the link below:

after update 10.15.6 camera doesn't work, any ideas why?
lenovo y720

I have successfully used OC v0.5.8 as a direct replacement for Clover without any issues.
However I haven't continued its use because of its lack of support for a proper UI at the time.
You can find it here: Github
As for your issue, are you sure you are using the latest kexts from the guide? Are you using VoodooTSCSync.kext?

I was able to convert clover to opencore bootloader. I kept the clover in my EFI folder and added OC into it. Went into Windows and changed the boot sequence to use OC instead of Clover, in case I need to go back using Clover. I think Y520 is not much different than Y720.

I follow these guides.

As you follow along, jump to laptop kaby lake. For the SSDT files, I just used the pre-built.

I made sure to be able to boot from usb before changing hard drive EFI folder. The only thing I didn't do is try and fix the sleep and power management.

For the sata controller fix do a find on "SATA-unsupported.kext" in the link below:
Sleep and power should be working fine

after update 10.15.6 camera doesn't work, any ideas why?
lenovo y720
Did you update your Clover to the latest version before updating?

Hi, I own a y520 laptop and wants to install hackintosh on it.
I need Windows to work, so a dual-boot option would be great.
Can I use the GTX display card if i am using High Sierra?
And since the capacity of the SSD is low I want to add a HDD. Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back