Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will push an update to the repo to support Catalina and update the guide as well as soon as I have time.
Thank you kindly would be big help, and look forward to it

@the-braveknight hey, quick question. I have High Sierra working perfectly on my y520 thanks to you. How can I upgrade directly to Mojave for now? I've been looking for a guide that has been tested or something trying not to break my current build. Or do I have to do a fresh install?

HI, this is my first time hackintoshing, I havent been able to get to the installer, my BIOS settings are also corrrect. I'm not sure what's causing this, maybe someone would take the time and see what's wrong with my clover folder?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 78
I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 80WK00TKRK (6 gb version). I added 8 gb ram instead of 2 gb and now it's ok )
I installed 10.14.5 following this guide. Few days ago i updated my system to Catalina and it works perfectly.
Thank you @the-braveknight for your work!

I have a Lenovo Legion Y520 80WK00TKRK (6 gb version). I added 8 gb ram instead of 2 gb and now it's ok )
I installed 10.14.5 following this guide. Few days ago i updated my system to Catalina and it works perfectly.
Thank you @the-braveknight for your work!
congrats on your updates, could you kindly attach your y530 catalina EFI folder for us to see, what we doing wrong, thank you kindly

congrats on your updates, could you kindly attach your y530 catalina EFI folder for us to see, what we doing wrong, thank you kindly
Here it is. But it's for Y520

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.4 MB · Views: 184
Here it is. But it's for Y520
gotcha, i know it is for y520 but i was curious to see how you got it to update to catalina. did you direclty update it or through USB installer? thank you kindly

Last edited:
Question: Is anyone on a Y520 having issues with acidanthera's build of VoodooPS2? I cannot get the right-click to kick in using the right corner (or really any corner).

Any information would be most appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back