Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, i tried to bring them back when was trying to boot after kernel panics
So you're back to step 0?

I think your issue with the guide has something to do with the SSDT that is built with the scripts. Are you sure you didn't do something wrong when following the guide?

So you're back to step 0?

I think your issue with the guide has something to do with the SSDT that is built with the scripts. Are you sure you didn't do something wrong when following the guide?
Want to make clear two moments: we're talking about guide about which you written in your post or about general guide? As i understand, about the first. And i want to make it clear what to do with ssdt. I should copy it from Projects/legion.git/Hotpatch to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?

Want to make clear two moments: we're talking about guide about which you written in your post or about general guide? As i understand, about the first. And i want to make it clear what to do with ssdt. I should copy it from Projects/legion.git/Hotpatch to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched?
The general guide as in the post originally made by braveknight.
No, it should be compiled and the resulting file will be in Projects/legion.git/Build (SSDT-Y520.aml) and this is the file that you should copy to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

The general guide as in the post originally made by braveknight.
No, it should be compiled and the resulting file will be in Projects/legion.git/Build (SSDT-Y520.aml) and this is the file that you should copy to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
I've already said that i had not followed the general guide but, you know, i am thinking about reinstalling with following the guide once more, but in that case i want to try to install mojave but always got kernel panics at the step of installation. What do you thing about it? Which variant is more convenient? If reinstalling, can you please provide efi folder for successful installing and first booting into mojave? Thanks in advance

I've already said that i had not followed the general guide but, you know, i am thinking about reinstalling with following the guide once more, but in that case i want to try to install mojave but always got kernel panics at the step of installation. What do you thing about it? Which variant is more convenient? If reinstalling, can you please provide efi folder for successful installing and first booting into mojave? Thanks in advance
So you can't even install macOS following the guide? If so what are you doing differently from the guide that is allowing you to install?
I can't help you achieve a working macOS installation that differs from the guide. It is known to be working and thus should be followed.

So you can't even install macOS following the guide? If so what are you doing differently from the guide that is allowing you to install?
I can't help you achieve a working macOS installation that differs from the guide. It is known to be working and thus should be followed.
Very strange that in this guide preinstall step is described by giving config and three kexts with link to general usb installation guide while postinstallation step is described as almost running one command. Therefore i've asked if there is concrete list of kexts or maybe ready clover folder which will allow to enter the installer without any problem
UPD: okay, somehow i've installed mojave but now getting kernel panics when booting with config and kexts from the 395th post

Last edited:
Very strange that in this guide preinstall step is described by giving config and three kexts with link to general usb installation guide while postinstallation step is described as almost running one command. Therefore i've asked if there is concrete list of kexts or maybe ready clover folder which will allow to enter the installer without any problem
UPD: okay, somehow i've installed mojave but now getting kernel panics when booting with config and kexts from the 395th post
Because it is expected of you to figure some things out on your own and get familiar with it. Getting spoonfed is not going to teach you about any of the process in setting up a properly working macOS.

Regardless, here is the Clover folder for installing macOS on a Y520 and booting into it.
Follow the rest of the guide. It has scripts that build the SSDT for your machine and configure LiluHelper.kext properly. If you miss a step or do something not specified in the guide you may end up leaving macOS in a half-configured state and thus with a kernel panic.

EDIT: I will be removing the attachment later as to not provide an outdated clover with outdated kexts and or outdated config.plist to someone looking through the thread later.

Because it is expected of you to figure some things out on your own and get familiar with it. Getting spoonfed is not going to teach you about any of the process in setting up a properly working macOS.

Regardless, here is the Clover folder for installing macOS on a Y520 and booting into it.
Follow the rest of the guide. It has scripts that build the SSDT for your machine and configure LiluHelper.kext properly. If you miss a step or do something not specified in the guide you may end up leaving macOS in a half-configured state and thus with a kernel panic.

EDIT: I will be removing the attachment later as to not provide an outdated clover with outdated kexts and or outdated config.plist to someone looking through the thread later.
I understand, but unfortunately your clover folder did not help too. Noticed that panics start after that lines, maybe it can somehow help to determine the reason

I understand, but unfortunately your clover folder did not help too. Noticed that panics start after that lines, maybe it can somehow help to determine the reason
I have no idea what you are trying to do. Are you trying to boot the macOS installer? Are you trying to boot a clean macOS? Or are you trying to boot your already installed macOS from before?
Are you even booting the right Clover?

I have no idea what you are trying to do. Are you trying to boot the macOS installer? Are you trying to boot a clean macOS? Or are you trying to boot your already installed macOS from before?
Are you even booting the right Clover?
The second variant. I installed Mojave and want to boot into it but i can't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back