Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah... i was trying to install the kext with windows, sorry my mistake, but it will go Kernel panic again
Your Clover folder seems to be in order. Is your BIOS setup configured as it should be? How did you make the macOS install USB?

Hope that there is some possibility, will try anything from what can get any progress
Where is your Clover folder? From what I gather, you aren't following the guide at all. You have a number of kexts that aren't even used in the guide. Try following the guide and once you get everything up then you can experiment with the dGPU. On that note if the BIOS doesn't allow you to select only the dGPU (which is the case on the nvidia variant) I doubt you could get it running on macOS.

Where is your Clover folder? From what I gather, you aren't following the guide at all. You have a number of kexts that aren't even used in the guide. Try following the guide and once you get everything up then you can experiment with the dGPU. On that note if the BIOS doesn't allow you to select only the dGPU (which is the case on the nvidia variant) I doubt you could get it running on macOS.
Yeah, you are right about that i did not follow this guide and i had written about it earlier. To be honest i tried to install by it mojave but after installation i got kernel panics, so tried to do it by myself and now all works except brightness adjusting and dGPU. I don't think that not following guide is the reason to reinstall macos, so can you please tell me which kexts are redundant? And still if there are some ideas about dGPU, please share them with me. Clover folder attached, suppose that script was checking on the macos volume but not the efi

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21 MB · Views: 91
Yeah, you are right about that i did not follow this guide and i had written about it earlier. To be honest i tried to install by it mojave but after installation i got kernel panics, so tried to do it by myself and now all works except brightness adjusting and dGPU. I don't think that not following guide is the reason to reinstall macos, so can you please tell me which kexts are redundant? And still if there are some ideas about dGPU, please share them with me. Clover folder attached, suppose that script was checking on the macos volume but not the efi

You made a mess out of your Clover.

drivers64UEFI:
AppleImageCodec-64.efi
AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi
AppleUITheme-64.efi
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
FirmwareVolume-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
PartitionDxe-64.efi
SMCHelper-64.efi
UsbKbDxe.efi

All of the above are unneeded and some aren't even supposed to be used with others at all.

Kexts:
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Acre.kext
aDummyHDA.kext
AppleALC.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext
CodecCommander.kext
FakePCIID.kext
HDAEnabler.kext
RX560.kext

I see no need for these. I recommend using VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC. Be aware that only one can be used.
I would also recommend using the SSDT that is built through the scripts that this guide uses, it ensures proper functionality. Your brightness keys are probably just not binded.
Regarding the RX560, check if you can force the laptop to only use the dGPU through BIOS. If it isn't possible then you are probably out of luck for now.

Onto your L/E folder:
AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
realtekALC.kext
AppleBacklightInjector.kext

Why are these in your S/L/E folder:
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
FakePCIID.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext
PdaNetDrv.kext
HDAEnabler.kext
HDAEnabler12.kext
AppleBacklightFixup.kext
IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
CodecCommander.kext
AppleALC.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
Lilu.kext
ACPIBatteryManager.kext
FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

Once again you made a mess. A lot of these aren't needed and don't work with others at all and cause instability. I have no idea how you even have a somewhat working macOS right now.
Your config.plist is also all over the place, guide uses MacBookPro14,1

If you really don't want to reinstall, I would recommend cleaning up your S/L/E. Kexts should be installed to L/E and Clover.
Make a Clover bootable USB and let it inject all the kexts and proper config and SSDT (remove kexts from your system and only let Clover inject them) and eliminate what is causing you to kernel panic. Better yet you could also boot with a custom flag to see what is actually causing your kernel panic and work from there.

Okay, removed all kexts and drivers about which you had written and after deleting kexts from S/L/E got this picture. Also as i remember i got the same situation when was trying to follow the guide. Any ideas?

Okay, removed all kexts and drivers about which you had written and after deleting kexts from S/L/E got this picture. Also as i remember i got the same situation when was trying to follow the guide. Any ideas?
Did you remove all of the kexts from S/L/E and L/E ?
I hope not...

Only which you listed in your prevous post
Ah alright, there are native kexts that are needed for macOS to function there.
As I stated in the previous post, make a Clover bootable USB and boot from it. This way you have a way of rolling back the changes that you did that made it kernel panic.
For now just use the config.plist used for installing macOS and essential kexts:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Some things may not work, some will but just booting properly is what is important for now.

EDIT: Make sure that you do not have conflicting kexts in S/L/E or L/E. For example having FakeSMC in L/E and having VirtualSMC in Clover.

Ah alright, there are native kexts that are needed for macOS to function there.
As I stated in the previous post, make a Clover bootable USB and boot from it. This way you have a way of rolling back the changes that you did that made it kernel panic.
For now just use the config.plist used for installing macOS and essential kexts:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Some things may not work, some will but just booting properly is what is important for now.

EDIT: Make sure that you do not have conflicting kexts in S/L/E or L/E. For example having FakeSMC in L/E and having VirtualSMC in Clover.
Awesome! I tried to boot from my second macOS partiton and bring back deleted kexts, tried to reinstall mac on that problematic partition and everything seems not working but with the help of that kexts and config i finally booted and from the first view all is in the condition in which it was before deleting kexts. So what should be done now?
P.S. as you can understand ambigious kexts about which you had written in 391th post are still on their place

Awesome! I tried to boot from my second macOS partiton and bring back deleted kexts, tried to reinstall mac on that problematic partition and everything seems not working but with the help of that kexts and config i finally booted and from the first view all is in the condition in which it was before deleting kexts. So what should be done now?
P.S. as you can understand ambigious kexts about which you had written in 391th post are still on their place
I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly. The kexts which I said were not needed are still there or?

I'm not sure if I am understanding this correctly. The kexts which I said were not needed are still there or?
Yeah, i tried to bring them back when was trying to boot after kernel panics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back