Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake spoof not working anymore in 10.14.4 :(
What have i done wrong :(

hello i'am a new member, im not english sorry if i don't write well, i have a Legion Y530 and i will have liked do a hackintosh if it's possible with my composent. I don't have a ssd but the new technologie Optane and i don't know if it's compatible with computer but i really want use mac os because i don't have a macbook and i have an ipad pro and an iphone. If it's possible can we use others players like an iphone with the pc hackintosh with the advantages as a real macbook and an iphone?
Thanks and have a good night or days

hello i'am a new member, im not english sorry if i don't write well, i have a Legion Y530 and i will have liked do a hackintosh if it's possible with my composent. I don't have a ssd but the new technologie Optane and i don't know if it's compatible with computer but i really want use mac os because i don't have a macbook and i have an ipad pro and an iphone. If it's possible can we use others players like an iphone with the pc hackintosh with the advantages as a real macbook and an iphone?
Thanks and have a good night or days

You should read this

I fixed it with a Skylake spoof. Use my Clover files. If you are installing kexts in /S/L/E make sure that you put my Lilu and Whatevergreen there.

Any success with Skylake spoof for 10.14.4 because i have the same laptop as you, but Skylake Spoof not working anymore. Maybe you have discovered something for 10.14.4 ?

Any success with Skylake spoof for 10.14.4 because i have the same laptop as you, but Skylake Spoof not working anymore. Maybe you have discovered something for 10.14.4 ?

I'm also curious. Any success stories with 10.14.4?

I've compiled a new WhateverGreen kext for 10.14.4, try it. You will also have to update Clover to the newest version if you haven't done so already.

Attachments

• SLSpoofWEG.zip
    248.5 KB · Views: 126
I've compiled a new WhateverGreen kext for 10.14.4, try it. You will also have to update Clover to the newest version if you haven't done so already.

Thanks, i will give it a try, but how do you compile your own version for 10.14.4 with skylake spoof ?

Thanks man! It worked, I can finally boot up Mojave 10.14.4 when I replace my existing files with yours!

I'm also curious how to Patch those kexts for spoofing. Could you point me to the right place ?

It works perfectly for me too - only if you tell us how you compile your own versions for skylake spoofed WG and Lilu

The trick is to force WEG to ignore hardware and load Skylake stuff. You can do it by editing kern_igfx.cpp and hardcoding Skylake values, or you can use Rehabman's WEG patches from his spoof_fix2 WEG branch: https://github.com/RehabMan/WhateverGreen/tree/spoof_fix2. Rehabman's approach is better because it's more generic, but you will have to merge it with a new WEG code and resolve a few merging conflicts. Either approach requires putting Skylake IDs into .aml files, in our case that would be SSDT-Y520.aml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back