Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, I already updated my profile and I had already read them. Thank you
do you not have Intel Graphics as well?

(also missing screen resolution)

Hello, I ve followed the steps buy I only get the Apple logo, it doesen t appear the bar.
Also, where I should put the SSDT
Thx

UEFI Windows boot files can be rebuilt with BCDBOOT.EXE. You should read related Microsoft documentation.
I've been using Windows for a while now. I've lost Clover after rebuilding the boot files and I've been trying to get it back, but I couldn't do so using the efibootmgr. I've managed to boot into Mojave with my flash drive, but I couldn't mount the SYSTEM_DRV partition. I've done some research and found out that the problem is the Microsoft reserved disk, and the suggested way of solving it is to reinstall everything. is there a way to fix this without reinstalling?
update: I used the EFI mounting script you made and it worked!

Attachments

• 50583807_2242946665917485_1819087639639228416_n.jpg
    50583807_2242946665917485_1819087639639228416_n.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
is it a good idea to follow this guide? i have legion y530...

is it a good idea to follow this guide? i have legion y530...

I've taken this guide as reference and used creditor's excellent guidelines. Just i wouldn't use the git download method for y530 cause its mainly for y520, unless your pro at hackintosh and with clover to change it around.
and update the kext and SMBIOS since its coffee lake processor so its ideal to match close to SMBIOS's list

Hi, first of all Kudos for your work! I managed to install Mojave on my Y720. Almost everything is working thanks to your scripts. Since my Y720 has a ELAN Trackpad I tried to install the VoodooI2C kext, but the Trackpad isn't working. I noticed that during the DSDT patching all I2C devices were removed, so it is not possible to use the kext. Is this correct? If so, do you see an option to get those entries back somehow or use another method to make it work? A copy/paste from the original DSDT generates a lot of errors. Thank you so much!

Hi, first of all Kudos for your work! I managed to install Mojave on my Y720. Almost everything is working thanks to your scripts. Since my Y720 has a ELAN Trackpad I tried to install the VoodooI2C kext, but the Trackpad isn't working. I noticed that during the DSDT patching all I2C devices were removed, so it is not possible to use the kext. Is this correct? If so, do you see an option to get those entries back somehow or use another method to make it work? A copy/paste from the original DSDT generates a lot of errors. Thank you so much!
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Sorry, I misunderstood something. The SSDT-Y720.aml is an add-on SSDT, so no wonder I cannot find any I2C device entries. :rolleyes: I found a solution by using the ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext but it has no multitouch functionality. Is there any hope to make the Trackpad work without using that kext? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back