Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out the issue. I was using FakeSMC not he installer and trying to install VirtualSMC on the HDD.
Replaced FakeSMC with VirtualSMC and everything proceeded to work normally.

Installation successful, thank you so very much!
Note that the latest version of the script takes care of (removes) all the deprecated kexts, including FakeSMC.kext.

Note that the latest version of the script takes care of (removes) all the deprecated kexts, including FakeSMC.kext.

Yes, but the FakeSMC was on the installer's EFI, and I verified this by blocking its injection to make sure that was the issue.

Yes, but the FakeSMC was on the installer's EFI, and I verified this by blocking its injection to make sure that was the issue.
Then you must have missed setting config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect and/or not using RehabMan’s Clover.

Then you must have missed setting config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect and/or not using RehabMan’s Clover.

Exactly! I'm using the regular Clover.

To be honest, the guide doesn't mention which version of Clover is best/used for the guide.

To be honest, the guide doesn't mention which version of Clover is best/used for the guide.
The guide directs you to RehabMan’s clover guide, which recommends using RehabMan’s Clover fork.

I don't think my change to Clover for correct InjectKexts=Detect with VirtualSMC.kext has been made to official Clover yet.
RehabMan fork of Clover deals with it correctly.

@the-braveknight, Fix SSDT-PS2K.dsl file, change LEFT ALT <=> LEFT WINDOW KEY and RIGHT ALT <=> RIGHT WINDOW KEY

Code:
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Keyboard", Package()
            {
                "Custom PS2 Map", Package()
                {
                    "e037=64", // PrtSc=F13
+                    "e05b=38", // e05b is PS2 for window key, 38 is PS2 for left alt (normal map is e05b=37)
+                    "38=e05b", // 38 is PS2 for left control, e05b is PS2 for left window key (normal map is 38=3a)
+                    "e05d=e038", // e05d is PS2 for right window key, e038 is PS2 for right alt (normal map is e05d=3d)
+                    "e038=e05d", // e038 is PS2 for left alt, e05d is PS2 for right window key (normal map is e038=36)
                },
            },
        })

@the-braveknight, Fix SSDT-PS2K.dsl file, change LEFT ALT <=> LEFT WINDOW KEY and RIGHT ALT <=> RIGHT WINDOW KEY

Code:
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Keyboard", Package()
            {
                "Custom PS2 Map", Package()
                {
                    "e037=64", // PrtSc=F13
+                    "e05b=38", // e05b is PS2 for window key, 38 is PS2 for left alt (normal map is e05b=37)
+                    "38=e05b", // 38 is PS2 for left control, e05b is PS2 for left window key (normal map is 38=3a)
+                    "e05d=e038", // e05d is PS2 for right window key, e038 is PS2 for right alt (normal map is e05d=3d)
+                    "e038=e05d", // e038 is PS2 for left alt, e05d is PS2 for right window key (normal map is e038=36)
                },
            },
        })
I'm not sure that is a change I would like. However, I'd like to enable the Fn key to act like Apple Fn. I don't know how it's done though...

I'm not sure that is a change I would like. However, I'd like to enable the Fn key to act like Apple Fn. I don't know how it's done though...

Do you want to say that the FN status was initially pressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back