Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Legion Y520/Y720 using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't yet figured out how to get Num Lock functionality to work, however you can use a custom map with VoodooPS2Keyboard to map out the num-pad keys like so:

Thank you! I will try it! Another issue I found is the colors are pretty weird and especially shadows and blurs. I attach a screenshot of it. I took a look at my 2012 Mac Mini and it have the same stuff. I read that it may be EDID related, but I don't know. Do you have any ideas?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 0.40.15.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-14 at 0.40.15.png
    956.6 KB · Views: 103
Thank you! I will try it! Another issue I found is the colors are pretty weird and especially shadows and blurs. I attach a screenshot of it. I took a look at my 2012 Mac Mini and it have the same stuff. I read that it may be EDID related, but I don't know. Do you have any ideas?
you are better off taking a photo, your image looks fine here

Attachments

• IMG_0905.JPG
    IMG_0905.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 114
I experimented a bit and it seems like a KabyLake related issue. I tried a few solutions but none of them worked.

I tried this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-corrupt-color-depth-in-high-sierra-mojave.262495/ but it did't work.

Also tried this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lur-and-images-in-mojave.262566/#post-1834064 - this had some effect. It solved the color issue, but my card went back to showing 7Mb in System Report and it was pretty laggy. So I beleive that there is a solution but I haven't figured out yet. Can you help me please?

I solved the problem following this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...blur-and-images-in-mojave.262566/post-1942960 This alone did not solve the problem but it's like half the solution.

So I did all the stuff mentioned in the comment above: Added AAPL,ig-platform-id=00001619, device-id=16190000 to config.plist so now it looks like this:
1579113577137.png

Also I had to add a FakeID to the Intel graphics: 0x19168086:
1579113662035.png

In the Graphics section I Injected Intel with IGPlatformID=0x19160000:
1579113749043.png

But for this to work I needed to rebuild the SSDT without IGPU, so I commented that in the SSDT-Y520.dsl file.
1579114046292.png

Then I rebuilt with:
Bash:
make clean
make
make install_y520

Lastly I added lilucpu=8 boot arg.

After rebooting eveything works like charm!

Last edited:
I haven't yet figured out how to get Num Lock functionality to work, however you can use a custom map with VoodooPS2Keyboard to map out the num-pad keys like so:
View attachment 444857
This isn't a very good solution but it does work.
Note: I haven't mapped the top row as I frequently use the media controls, this can be solved by using a modifier but I am too lazy to work it out.

I tried this and worked perfectly! Thank you!

Is this guide also working for Catalina?

Hi, could someone provide me a working EFI for mojave installer? Somehow it keeps randomly shutting down. Last thing shown is @kec.corecrypto 1.0 Attempting system restart

I will also attach the efi i used

Attachments

• EFI_2_con random sd.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
Hi, could someone provide me a working EFI for mojave installer? Somehow it keeps randomly shutting down. Last thing shown is @kec.corecrypto 1.0 Attempting system restart

I will also attach the efi i used
how did you create your current installer? what software and hardware did you use?

View attachment 444857
This isn't a very good solution but it does work.
Note: I haven't mapped the top row as I frequently use the media controls, this can be solved by using a modifier but I am too lazy to work it out.
hello. i tried to use, change custom ADB map in .kext and reinstall this kext, but nothing changes. Numpud keys number 4,5,6, is not active

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back