Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN-80WK-Clover
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050 Ti 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
HI again,
thank you kindly for updating and add y530 plist, helped a lot. Question do you know which audio codec to use on y530 ? cause i've tried using AppleAlc onto other in EFI's kext folder, but no audion, help would be appreciated
Attach Problem Reporting Files

Also, you shouldn't quote the whole guide to ask a question.
Current layout used for the Y530 seems to be layout 18.
Try booting without caches and running kextcache -i /, restart multiple times if needed.

=====================================
+ macOS DEBUG REPORT GENERATOR +
-------------------------------------
+ SCRIPT VERSION 4.3.3 +
+ AUTHOR: black.dragon74 +

Hold on for a moment....
System report will be included in the dump as requested.
EFI Mount Script (RehabMan) found. No need to download.
IORegistryExplorer found at /Applications/IORegistryExplorer.app
Verifying if correct version of IORegistryExplorer is installed.
Your version of IORegistryExplorer.app passed the check. Good to go!
Found patchmatic at /usr/local/bin/patchmatic
Dumping loaded ACPI tables.
Dumped loaded ACPI tables.
Dumping clover files.
Mounted EFI at /Volumes/EFI (credits RehabMan)
Verifying your EFI files...
ACPI files were dumped recently. Great!
Preboot log was dumped recently. Great!
All checks passed. Copying CLOVER files...
Removing theme dir from the dump.
Removing tools dir from the dump.
Masking your System IDs
Dump of CLOVER files completed successfully.
Unmounted /Volumes/EFI
Dumping System log.
Dumping kernel panic logs...
Dumping kernel log.
Dumping kextstat.
Dumping kextcache
Dumping IOREG.
IOREG dump failed. Retrying by increasing delays...
Increased delay by x2 times. Retrying...
Increased delay by x3 times. Retrying...
IOREG dump has failed 3 times. Dumping generic IOREG report instead.
Generating system info, this may take a while.
Generating report in txt format as requested.
Dumping Boot log
Dumping NVRAM values...
Zipping all the files

I did not touch my computer until the script ended.

I did another dump. Lenovo does have a program in windows which sets the color of the LED for keyboard. During cold boot, when the BIOS boots, the keyboard starts with the last know settings. Clover seems to wipe the settings and turn off the LED of the keyboard. When I do a restart from Windows, Clover keeps the settings of the LED for keyboard. Could it be my nvram is screwed up?
Seems to be an issue with your IOReg app, regardless, I am unsure how to help you in this case. Perhaps you could try debugging the EC queries from the backlight controls?

Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y720-15IKB
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1060

Also, you shouldn't quote the whole guide to ask a question.
Current layout used for the Y530 seems to be layout 18.
Try booting without caches and running kextcache -i /, restart multiple times if needed.

Seems to be an issue with your IOReg app, regardless, I am unsure how to help you in this case. Perhaps you could try debugging the EC queries from the backlight controls?
How do I debugger EC queries?

Last edited:
Motherboard
pro
CPU
kaby lake
Graphics
integrated
Hello all,

I had a working hackintosh on Y520 with Sierra (with some known limitations as trackpad etc...)
I tried to update Mojave last week and since then I'm fighting with the system due I'm not able to boot since it was updated. I get a panic quite similar to the message I quoted below (hessi) (in fact the details go up and what remains on the screen is a screenshot like that -> pic)

I tried also to create a USB stick with Mojave's installation and copied the file config_install.plist (overwriting the CLOVER config.plist, obviously) but not even the USB stick booted.

I read that some people have had problems with Y520 models that did not seem to be the same as the one of the guide creator. Mine is Y520-15IKBN. The difference between the original is I changed wifi card with another supported, and installed a Samsung EVO 860 NVMe. Keep in mind that all of this stuff were working on Sierra.

Any clue that may be happening to me and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!!

Hi this is my first hackintosh, so probabily I'm doing some things wrong, because I'm getting stuck into the same problem all the time. I followed the Main guide, and I think I have a graphics kernel error. I attach my clover and the image error.

Note: I can't reach the installer

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN-80WK-Clover
CPU
i5-7300HQ
Graphics
HD 630 + GTX 1050 Ti 1920x1080
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello all,

I had a working hackintosh on Y520 with Sierra (with some known limitations as trackpad etc...)
I tried to update Mojave last week and since then I'm fighting with the system due I'm not able to boot since it was updated. I get a panic quite similar to the message I quoted below (hessi) (in fact the details go up and what remains on the screen is a screenshot like that -> pic)

I tried also to create a USB stick with Mojave's installation and copied the file config_install.plist (overwriting the CLOVER config.plist, obviously) but not even the USB stick booted.

I read that some people have had problems with Y520 models that did not seem to be the same as the one of the guide creator. Mine is Y520-15IKBN. The difference between the original is I changed wifi card with another supported, and installed a Samsung EVO 860 NVMe. Keep in mind that all of this stuff were working on Sierra.

Any clue that may be happening to me and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!!
(in this case upload a zip of the zip you're using to boot Mojave)

I can't really tell you what you are doing wrong solely by looking at that kp screenshot.
What I can tell you, is that it is very unlikely that you can do a major macOS update without preparing first, and even then there is a chance of failure.